Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Greening Kids For The Future

Started by Celeste , author of Organic Mommy Today 3/5/2012 11:30:10 PM

My daughter is still a little young to fully understand what living earth friendly is but she knows that keeping the trash off the ground at our parks makes the flowers beautiful and the butterflies (or as she calls them "little pretty wings") homes stay clean for them. Now my son on the other hand is in full green swing. He understands littering is something that hurts the planet. I even do some small things around the house to teach more earth friendly living which I believe starts within the home. I will leave lights on and watch as he goes around and turns them off and he even went as far as to fuss at a teenager with his group of friends in the supermarket parking lot when he decided to throw his cup on the ground.

Aside from teaching in-home earth friendly methods I ensure my little ones are green from head to toe. My son has been out of diapers for a while now but my daughter is a work in progress.

Thankfully Seventh Generation has earth-friendly Free & Clear Training Pants. Made with little bottoms in mind their training pants contain no fragrances, no latex, no petroleum-based lotions and no chlorine processing.

Teaching children the importance of learning about and using eco-friendly products is a step in the right direction of learning to conserve the world that they live in. This is why Seventh Generation the Dr. Seuss' The Lorax have joined forces.

Make a difference by choosing Seventh Generation, now offering free shipping for orders over $50. As the Lorax says, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

How do you live like the Lorax? Tell Seventh Generation below and be entered to win a Green Your Home prize pack!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Seventh Generation. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 21 - 30 of 56

We have a huge recycling trash can larger even than our regular trash. I really think that's something everyone can do. We also reduce the gas pollution by buying fruit and veggies from our awesome farmers market every week. And I am using reusable training pants for my 2 year old for day and nighttime for a month now.

""

Reply by Jessica

3/8/2012 4:47:18 PM

We catch rain water in old milk jugs to use to water plants and recycle what we can and pick up after ourselves EVERYWHERE...I really don't understand littering.

""

Reply by Joyce

3/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

""

Reply by Joyce

3/8/2012 5:38:57 PM

I like to recycle just about everything from reusing plastic bags to finding other uses for milk jugs, 2 liter plastic bottles, etc.

""

Reply by Sylvia

3/9/2012 4:16:46 AM

We recycle cans, plastics, and glass.

""

Reply by Jacqui

author of Woman of Many Roles 3/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

We recycle cans!

""

Reply by Leslie Galloway

3/9/2012 3:45:08 PM

We love the Lorax by using reusable bags, opening the curtains to utilize natural light whenever possible, and walking to the corner store when we just need a couple of things.

LesGalloway—at—Hotmail .d.o.t. com

""

Reply by Betsy

3/9/2012 5:12:47 PM

I like that these two have teamed up. We recycle everyday. Love Lorax.

""

Reply by Amy

3/9/2012 5:54:36 PM

We recycle and compost so our trash is very minimal. We grow our own veggies each year. My son who just turned 4 is very aware of the recycling bins and does not like to see trash on the ground ... anywhere!  

""

Reply by Kaeli's Kiwis

author of Kaeli's Kiwis 3/9/2012 9:48:33 PM

We live like the lorax by recycling what we can and by reusing things for art projects or other uses.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS