Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Romance Novel Trends -- What are they?

Started by Kim , author of Turquoise Morning Press Blog 7/13/2011 6:27:10 PM

Let's put paranormal and erotica aside for the moment and just talk romance.

What do you see as the current "romance reader buying" trends? What sub-genre of romance are readers talking about?

What sub-genre of romance books are readers saying they want, but can't find enough of right now? Thoughts?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4
""

Reply by Suzanne

7/14/2011 7:34:36 AM

Okay, I'll bite. It has to be the Western. Interesting how trends come full circle. Just when I'd had almost all I could stand of the Western Romance, it seemed to have disappeared. Even my critique partner who has written several Westerns and then switched to Medievals, was asked by her publisher to go back to Westerns. And I find myself reading them again--historical Westerns, Contemporary Westerns. The old has become new again. In fact, I've even written my own. Look for Sierra Bride, a California Western, this October.

I agree with Suzanne. I just finished The Marshal takes a Bride by Renee Ryan, a Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical, and had to write Renee to ask when she would be writing the sequel (hope there is another book in that series!). She's published several westerns in that series and recommend them.

""

Reply by Maddie

author of Life, Unedited 7/15/2011 5:48:26 AM

I like the sound of that! I have one western that is selling pretty well, better than some of my contemporary romance, so what you all say above makes sense to me. Tells me I need to get in gear and get the one in my computer out there.

I don't know if this is a trend, but I know of a self-published author who seems to be doing very well--at least her sales ranks on Amazon seem to indicate that--with her series on older heroines. I wonder if this is a trend? Are there other romance authors focusing on older heroine's? Maybe this is more of a niche than a trend.... 

""

Reply by Rghch

7/19/2011 8:27:46 AM

welcome to our website:
==========  http://yahoofashion.net/  =======

Oakley Sunglasses,Versace Sunglasses,Tiffany Jewelry,Polo Bikini,Gucci Man Shoes,Ed Hardy Bikinis
50%Discount summer fashion :Sandle,t-shirt,caps,jerseys,handbag and brand watches!!!
$30 Air Jordan shoes, shoes,Gucci,LV shoes
$33 True Religion jeans, Ed Hardy jeans,LV, jeans,Affliction jeans
$15 Ed Hardy ,LV ,Gucci Bikini
$15 Polo, Ed Hardy, Gucci, LV, Lacoste T-shirts
$25 Coach,Gucci,LV,Prada,Juicy,Chanel handbag,
$10 Gucci,Ed Hardy sunglasses
$9 New Era caps.

========== http://yahoofashion.net/ =======

fgh drt wsetfgv sertfe rdfg drt e

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

We follow preschool rules here: Be nice to your neighbor. Hands to yourself. No running with scissors. Use kind words. No spitting. That's all.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS