Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Discount tickets for Disneyworld?

Started by Jenna 2/27/2012 5:06:20 PM

Does anyone ave any good ideas about how to get discounted tickets to DisneyWorld or any good tips about how to save money when planning a vacation there?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Brandi

4/18/2012 3:13:57 PM

Hi Jenna!

I have searched & searched this subject as we are taking our first Disney World trip next month!!!

If you are planning on staying at Disney it may be cheaper to buy the Magic Your Way with as few days as possible so you can purchase the Dining package-which from all my research is completely worth it.

We however, couldn't swing it for this trip as staying there is where the cost really adds up.

We are staying offsite in Celebration, FL. for around $300, but have FREE transportation to Magic Kingdom & Epcot (which from there we get free transportation to wherever else we need to go). This will be a key thing to look at if you decide to stay off property because most hotels & resorts are charing $10 plus per person! If you drive you have to pay parking (around $13 a day).

I searched every website, article, & under rocks it seemed for discounts on the tickets. The best one I found was www.orlandofuntickets.com I will be ordering our tickets this week! 

Hope your trip is great!

""

Reply by Lori

7/8/2012 10:13:04 AM

Last year, I shopped around for a condo to stay at in Kissimmee.   I found one that was a couple  miles from Disney for $99 per night (off-season) .  The savings was worth the cost of a car rental.  It was a gorgeous 3 bedroom with a sleep-sofa in the living-room.  Fully equipped kitchen, so we could eat some meals there and save more money.  I stayed at Windsor Villages, but there are more condo sites on this website. www.magicalvacationhomes.com

This year I found out that there are incredible park discounts for the military.  They do have restrictions, such as the military person has to enter at the gates with the entire party (6 at a time) to buy the tickets.  Discounts are for retired military also.  4-day hopper pass for $135.50.  got online at .http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html   I believe this promotion only runs through September 2012.

Also try undercovertourist.com for the general public. A regular 4-day (not hopper) ticket is $248

Hope this helps for those of you making plans.

One more tip:  I ordered my plane tickets through Orbitz.  their price assurance policy is that if anyone else purchases through them for tickets on your flight and gets a better price, they will refund you the difference.  You don't even have to go crazy checking online yourself, they will let you know. 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS