Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches with COOL WHIP whipped topping

Started by TidyMom , author of TidyMom 7/2/2012 3:00:10 AM

Patriotic Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich at TidyMom.net

I don't know if it's hot where you are, but hot hardly describes the weather here in St. Louis. We are in the midst of a record breaking heat wave, so meals and desserts that require no oven are a must. And ice cream, well it's on the menu like, every day.....maybe even a few times a day *wink*

This week we will be celebrating our country's birthday with fireworks, hometown picnics and plenty of red, white and blue! I thought I'd share one of our favorite ice cream desserts that requires no oven, and virtually no work. It’s super simple and just perfect for a summer gathering.

It's almost silly to call it a recipe, you just top your favorite ice cream sandwiches with some colorful berries and a dollop of COOL WHIP whipped topping and serve. It doesn't get any easier than that.... and look how festive they look!

Patriotic Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches at TidyMom.net

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:202]

This is my favorite dessert to dollop with COOL WHIP. With so many dessert options out there I want to know, what do you dollop?

Reply below for a chance to win $500 cash! Visit the COOL WHIP Facebook page to see more recipes and share your creations!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of COOL WHIP. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules. 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24
""

Reply by Kristen

author of Dine and Dish 7/2/2012 6:43:55 AM
I love sponge cake shortcake with really juicy strawberries topped with Cool Whip. Your version looks tasty!

""

Reply by Andrea

author of Therapy On Wry 7/2/2012 6:53:32 AM
Great idea! Especially when we are experiencing triple digit heat! Happy 4th to you!

I love quick desserts... and I even have a weird soft spot for Cool Whip (something I grew up with), though I haven't had it in years.

""

Reply by Sarah

7/2/2012 8:40:57 AM
I love this super easy, quick & so "cool" idea. The kids could fix it and say that they "cooked".

""

Reply by MichelleH

author of A Full Life 7/2/2012 9:33:04 AM
That looks SO good! As hot as we are here in STL, I vote for ice cream FOR dinner. ;-) Yours even has fruit, making it healthy. Stay cool, Cheryl.

""

Reply by Michele

7/2/2012 9:43:56 AM
My favorite thing to dollop with Cool Whip is just a bowl of good old fresh berries or peaches. I am a berry girl!

""

Reply by Robin

7/2/2012 9:47:24 AM
I dollop fruit pies!

""

Reply by TidyMom

author of TidyMom 7/2/2012 10:00:46 AM
I did that just the other night! A bowl of frozen blueberries with cool whip! GREAT snack!

""

Reply by Marla

7/2/2012 10:24:04 AM
Such fun + festive ice cream sandwiches Cheryl!

""

Reply by Diane

7/2/2012 1:08:07 PM
fun treat!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS