Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Are you Gluten Free?

Started by Melissa @ Stockpiling Moms , author of STOCKPILING MOMS — Extreme Couponing 4/18/2012 8:59:01 PM

I have Celiac Disease and live a Gluten Free life.  There are many people who chose to eat Gluten Free regardless of being diagnosed with any "reason" to do so.

Have you ever tried eliminating Gluten from your diet?

I post Gluten Free recipes, a menu plan weekly, coupons, deals and resources at Stockpiling Moms in you are interested in learning more or know someone else who is.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 4/19/2012 7:37:44 AM

When you transitioned to that, did you find that there were a lot of products out there for that lifestyle or is it still hard to find? 

""

Reply by Kristy

author of Mommy Hates Cooking 4/19/2012 7:39:23 AM

I cook and bake all gluten free now and nearly all my recipes can be made gluten free that I've posted in the last few months.  One I'm proud of is the Strawberry Bread.  It was so nice to just switch out the flour and it worked!  That renewed my spirit for gluten free baking.  It's so delicious and was wonderful to have some baked bread again!

Gluten Free Strawberry Bread

I thought there were plenty of products out there but I just switched GF in the last 3 months.  It was overwhelming at first but there are so many resources now it's not nearly as difficult as it once was.

""

Reply by Melissa @ Stockpiling Moms

author of STOCKPILING MOMS — Extreme Couponing 4/19/2012 1:48:27 PM

I honestly eat more whole foods now and much less processed.  There are tons of great GF products but they cost a lot.

Nicole's profile picture
Nicole said ...
When you transitioned to that, did you find that there were a lot of products out there for that lifestyle or is it still hard to find? 

""

author of STOCKPILING MOMS — Extreme Couponing 4/19/2012 1:49:34 PM

That looks yummy!  It is not bad but very overwhelming and can be extremely expensive.

Kristy's profile picture
Kristy said ...
I thought there were plenty of products out there but I just switched GF in the last 3 months.  It was overwhelming at first but there are so many resources now it's not nearly as difficult as it once was.

""

Reply by Kristy

author of Mommy Hates Cooking 4/19/2012 1:51:52 PM

I agree!  It can be very expensive.  I think that's what is great now is that there are so many resources to save too with coupons being such a huge thing. 

That really helps.  For me feeling better and not being sick all the time is worth the expense.  I try to just buy a few specialty foods and then everything else buy things that are naturally gluten free like meats and veggies.

my SIL  is gluten free and I know others trying it to help with fertility issues i will definitely share your recipes thanks!

""

author of STOCKPILING MOMS — Extreme Couponing 4/23/2012 9:16:52 PM

Being gluten free is priceless...I don't care how much it costs - I am worth it :-)

Kristy's profile picture
Kristy said ...
That really helps.  For me feeling better and not being sick all the time is worth the expense.  I try to just buy a few specialty foods and then everything else buy things that are naturally gluten free like meats and veggies.

""

Reply by Emily

author of Busy Mom 4/24/2012 5:39:46 PM

I'm interested, is there a benefit for those of us that can, to eliminate Gluten from our diets?

""

Reply by Michelle

author of Green Mother 4/24/2012 5:45:09 PM

Yes, we are a gluten free, casein free family. We have been for some time now. We do it because two of my sons have Sensory Integration Disorder. The diet helps control the symptoms.

http://www.green-mother.com/living-with-sensory-integration-disorder/

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS