Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Dinner When Mom Is Going Out

Started by Sara at Saving For Someday , author of Saving For Someday — Stop Wishing. Start Doing. 3/20/2012 6:00:10 AM

I'm headed out of town - to Italy to be more specific. I'm taking my daughter and hubby is staying home to hold down the fort and catch up on all the guy movies he never gets to watch with 'the girls' around.

There are a number of times each month when I have evening commitments. Luckily, hubby is quite self-sufficient. However, I always feel guilty if I don't prepare a meal for the family on evenings I go out. My husband doesn't care - either he'll go out or they'll find something. Or if I leave the ingredients he'll whip up a meal for our 9yo and himself.

What do you do for your family's meal when you have plans to be out during dinner time?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5

Usually he is on his own - often there are leftovers around, or something that is easy to whip up.  Sometimes he'll take the kids out.  When I leave I write lists for everything kid related (it gets complicated with 4 kids) but the food is something I let him take care of. 

""

Reply by Sara at Saving For Someday

author of Saving For Someday — Stop Wishing. Start Doing. 3/20/2012 3:11:52 PM

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in the "he's on his own" program. I'll dispense with the guilt from now on! ;-)

TheMenuMom's profile picture
TheMenuMom said ...
Usually he is on his own - often there are leftovers around, or something that is easy to whip up.  Sometimes he'll take the kids out.  When I leave I write lists for everything kid related (it gets complicated with 4 kids) but the food is something I let him take care of. 

Well hopefully someone in the fam can also cook- but I know growing up my Mom would sometimes make casseroles that we would just have to put in the oven when she was busy. Worked great!

""

Reply by GreatGrub

author of Recipes | GreatGrub 3/22/2012 3:05:27 PM

Classic Chicken with Vinegar is a tasty chicken dish that you can whip up before you leave that father and son can reheat for dinner and even cut up to use for lunch time sandwiches. Its so finger licking good that they may just send you back to it Italy in a few months after you return. 

Soup is also something that you can leave in the freezer for them to defrost after you have been gone a few days.  This Italian Wedding Soup will have your husband thinking fond thoughts while you are away.

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 3/25/2012 8:30:51 PM

I have a few go to meals that I cook ahead of time like baked ziti. My hubby is perfectly happy with a frozen pizza though. 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS