Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Do you talk to your kids about the difference between organic and conventional foods?

Started by Stephanie , author of sweet but salty 2/17/2012 12:19:06 PM

I am amazed at the answers these kids provide in this video about what they know about organic. Do you talk to your kids about the difference between organic and conventional foods? How do you think they would answer some of the questions in this video?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5
""

Reply by Sara at Saving For Someday

author of Saving For Someday — Stop Wishing. Start Doing. 2/19/2012 2:22:41 PM

I've talked with my daughter about organic and conventional foods when we've done her garden each year. But we also talk about it in terms of animals and how organic animal products work with the organic farming cycle too.

As I've begun switching to a more organic-food based home it's become more easy to talk about it in a natural way.

Absolutely!  He probably knows more about it than most adults.  Of course we've brain washed him for a whole year now and being only 5 he remembers much more than this 40 something mom!  The funniest story about him is we were volunteering for some work for a day at our church.  One of the pastors brought in chickfila for everyone.  He walks up and says "Is that chicken organic?  You know if it's not there's all kinds of weird stuff in it!"  The pastor just laughed and wanted to know how he knew so much. 

""

Reply by Julianna

author of The Mechanical Bull 2/23/2012 5:00:22 PM

Impressive responses from these kids! I would like to think I was that educated on organic as a kid, these guys know there stuff!

no we just discuss healthy versus junk haven't gotten to organic yet but mine are young (6 and under)

""

Reply by Emily

author of Busy Mom 4/23/2012 9:18:42 AM

I agree Ellen, my (almost 5) year old is working on what is healthy and what is not and making healthy choices. You have to start a foundation before getting into specifics!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS