Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What Foods do you choose to buy Organic?

Started by Stephanie , author of sweet but salty 2/7/2012 4:56:57 PM

Over here at Horizon, we are always curious to hear what foods families always buy organic. Do you follow the rule of the "The Dirty Dozen" or but what is on sale? Our consulting pediatrician, Dr. Greene, provides his list of the Top 10 Foods to Choose Organic. What do you always choose for your family?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8
""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 2/7/2012 5:07:41 PM

Well if it's good for you then it's usually organic!  My husband has got me reading labels.  It seems like it's only the organics that don't contain MSG, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil...I could go on!  :)

""

Reply by Minna

author of feeling inspired today 2/7/2012 11:26:18 PM

Love the wine addition in the video. ;) Our #1 is apples, followed by nectarines when they are in season, because I'm concerned about the chemicals seeping through the peels. My daughter and husband are lactose intolerant and I wish very much that there was a organic broken-down milk for them. We go through Lactaid like crazy.

""

Reply by Elaine

2/8/2012 3:35:41 PM

This is great. Thank you!

""

Reply by Stephanie

author of sweet but salty 2/8/2012 5:22:10 PM

@Minna - we actually carry an organic Lactose Free half gallon, but only in 2% Reduced Fat. I believe Lactaid still makes an Organic option also (at least they used to) and Organic Valley also makes an organic Lactose Free milk. Hope that helps!

""

Reply by Sara at Saving For Someday

author of Saving For Someday — Stop Wishing. Start Doing. 2/8/2012 10:51:53 PM

I was watching this and my daughter came over to watch too because she heard the foods that I've been switching to organic.

We juice a lot so I try to do organic because we get a big dose of nutrients that way. 

I've started shifting more and more of our foods to organic because we are what we eat! 

I only do organic milk because I don't want my daughter to be full of crazy hormones.

I find that my local Costco has shifted a lot of their produce to organic and the prices are very reasonable. I appreciate that they are working hard to bring organics 'to the masses'.

What I did not know about was Cotton. That's very interesting and I'll definitely be changing my vegetable oil purchases in the future.

Thank you for sharing these, Dr. Greene!

""

Reply by Stacey

2/12/2012 10:28:38 AM

Always organic  milk, eggs, and fruit.

""

Reply by BonBon Rose Girls Kristin

author of BonBon Rose Girls 2/17/2012 10:57:22 AM

Dairy, eggs, any fruits and veggies with a peel that we eat! 

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin's profile picture
BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said ...
Dairy, eggs, any fruits and veggies with a peel that we eat! 

That's pretty much us as well as organic for meat! I am also a rep for a natural/organic food company so we use all their blends, oils, sauces. I have also learn to can and dehydrate to help us throughout the year

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS