Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Do You Let Your Kids Do Their Own Fireworks Outside?

Started by Rachel Holland , author of Surviving The Stores™ — Bring More Of Your Money Home 12/29/2011 12:47:46 PM

We do a few sparklers and maybe a roman candle or two each year (we don't live in the city limits), but some of our neighbors make me REALLY nervous.  All of the houses are really close together and I swear they must buy out the fireworks store.

Do you let your kids do fireworks?  Do you just go see a proessional fireworks display?  Honestly, I'm tempted to not even stay at our house during New Years (and on July 4th) because our neighborhood goes so crazy with it, lol!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3

We used to always do our own fireworks- we lived in a cul de sac and all the houses had kids the same ages and it was so so much fun!

""

Reply by Dagmar

author of Dagmar's momsense 1/13/2012 10:34:42 PM

No way, not his own. And I think it's illegal here anyway.

""

Reply by Sara at Saving For Someday

author of Saving For Someday — Stop Wishing. Start Doing. 1/14/2012 1:00:28 AM

Here in AZ they're not illegal during certain times of the year. You can even buy them in grocery stores. But don't get me started on that one.

I'm not a personal fireworks kinda gal. I love the professional ones, but events from my childhood have scarred me for life. I stepped on a spent firecracker when I was a child and burned my foot badly. When I was about 7, the neighbor girl was holding firecrackers and she panicked and it blew up in her hand. And another time, we were at the beach and someone got too close to someone else with the sparklers and there was a serious medical emergency which I won't detail because it's kinda gross.

Fireworks are pretty but not something I think amateurs should be fooling with.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS