Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Where Have You Found The Best After Christmas Clearance Sales?

Started by Rachel Holland , author of Surviving The Stores™ — Bring More Of Your Money Home 12/28/2011 7:32:57 PM

I really had to restrain myself at Target today.  All of their Christmas stuff is marked down 50% off, but I know they will be going down to 75% off soon (maybe Friday?) and I had to resist so that I could wait for the 75% off (it was SO hard though because their stuff is so cute!!)

Where have you found the best after-Christmas clearance deals so far?

I've also seen a ton of great clearance item's at Kohls online (plus there's a 20% off Kohls coupon code to make it even better)!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Julianna

author of The Mechanical Bull 12/29/2011 9:29:50 AM

I was actually really disappointed in a lot of the mall stores. I felt like sale stuff was at an additional discount, but more then half the store wasn't marked down at all! I thought day after Christmas was all about bargains!

""

Reply by Leilani

author of Stone "Pohaku" Family Blog 12/29/2011 12:21:18 PM

I found the best decor deals at Michaels.  They had 70% off starting the day after Christmas.  Last year, I scored on the Target 70% discount, but jumped to soon and bought some things at 50% off the day after.  

""

Reply by Evelyn

author of Best Organizing Tips 12/29/2011 12:36:39 PM

Christmas Tree Shoppes Tuesday night was DESERTED and all holiday decor was 50% off. Since wrapping paper was only $1, I was able to stock up for next year. And labels for baked goods were 39 cents! But the best part was that it was DESERTED! Did I mention that already???

""

Reply by Kat

author of Mama's Losin' It! 12/29/2011 12:38:25 PM

I'm staying away from Target! We've already spent enough money and I just KNOW I could do some damage there right now!

""

Reply by Julianna

author of The Mechanical Bull 12/29/2011 12:47:28 PM

I always for get about the craft type stores after the holidays. Great idea!

Leilani's profile picture
Leilani said ...
I found the best decor deals at Michaels.  They had 70% off starting the day after Christmas.  Last year, I scored on the Target 70% discount, but jumped to soon and bought some things at 50% off the day after.  

I also wasn't too impressed with sales this year. But I ended up getting 4 gift cards to different stores so I'm about to take advantage of those sales and stores this wkd!

I'm going to have to REALLY try to stick to my list.  Wrapping paper, gift tags, and outside lights.  It's so hard not to want to buy up everything!

Kohls had some good after-season sales, but mainly because of all the Kohls "bucks" we wracked up at Christmas!

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 1/2/2012 8:32:06 AM

I think it depends on what you are looking for. Wrapping paper is always left at 75% off (or even 90% off sometimes). Ornaments usually get picked through and big ticket items are gone at 50% off. I like to get things at Target at 75% off. 

I'm looking for Kids Christmas books on sale. Has anyone seen any of those? 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is your community, so ask questions, make new friends, share tips, chat, and enter to win prizes. Stay friendly, respectful and have fun.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS