Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Colorful Crocheted Dolls

Started by Mary 7/3/2011 6:07:11 PM

I have made over 30 of these dolls and not 2 are alike, lol.  It is a great way to use up scrap yarn.  They are soft and cuddly if you don't overstuff. 

Use any color desired for the Doll's Head, Arms and Legs.  Use a different color for the Body.  Have fun!

Variations:  legs and/or arms can include body color to resemble shirtsleeves or pants or even shoes.  Color choices could simulate belts, frills for skirts, etc. Use Medium weight yarn, Size 6/6/4mm crochet hook

HEAD  Round 1:  Chain 4, join with slip stitch in the first chain to form a ring, then make 6 single crochet in the ring, slip stitch join in beginning stitch.  (6 sc)

Round 2:  Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, join in beg sc.  (12 sc)

Round 3:  Ch 1 (2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc) 6 times, join in beg sc. (18 sc)

Round 4:  Ch 1 (2 sc in first sc, sc in each of next 2 sc) 6 times, join in beg sc. (24 sc)

Round 5-9:  Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join in beg sc.

Round 10:  Ch 1, (sc decrease --(meaning skip ) in first 2 sc, sc in each of the next 2 sc) 6 times, join in beg sc. (18 sc)

Round 11 and 12:  Repeat Round 5.

Round 13:  Ch 1, sc decrease in first 2 sc, sc in next sc, (sc dec in next 2 sc, sc in next sc) 5 times.  Leave an 8 inch end for sewing (or use thread instead) - fasten off.  (12 sc)

ARMS  Make 2

Round 1:  Chain 4, join in first ch to form a ring, 6 sc in ring, join in beg sc. (6 sc)

Round 2:  Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, join in beg sc. (12 sc)

Round 3:  Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join in beg sc.

Rounds 4-12:  Repeat round 3.  At end of last round, fasten off.

LEGS Make 2 

Same as the arms, just make 15 rows instead of 12.

BODY

Round 1:  ch 25, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each remaining chain across, and join to form a circle.  (24 sc)

Round 2-18:  Ch 1, sc in each sc around and join.

Fasten off.  This makes a tube.  Either sew closed top and stuff and close bottom to make a rectangle.  Or I have occasionally

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2

Mary, I love these dolls! They are very cute, and look very easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing! The more, the merrier!

""

Reply by Cheryl

author of Simply CVS 3/22/2012 8:41:30 PM

Glad you pinned this, I just found it.  Delightful!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Posts that are offensive or not related to the main topic will be removed. This is a family-friendly community, so please keep your posts clean and respectful, please no "advertising" things for sale-it is not that kind of community, please no links that are not relevant.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS