Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Custom Page Sizes?

Started by Lori 8/10/2011 11:28:42 AM

I just got this software and was so excited to try it, but I've already hit a snag. I do 99% double page layouts. With my usual software, I can customize the page sizes (for instance 24"x12" = (2) 12x12" pages) so that I can create a double page spread then afterward, I crop it into 2 separate pages for printing. That way, I can do both pages side by side at the same time. Does this program have that capability?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11
""

Reply by Linda M

8/11/2011 9:17:40 AM
Lori. The software allows you to see side by side but I never do that. I will send this link to Lisa j to respond.

""

Reply by My Memories

author of MyMemories Blog 8/11/2011 9:59:18 AM

Hi Lori, at this time you can view two page windows side by side and work on them, but you can't do a page size that large at this time, I'm sorry!  We do have a TON of people who do two-page spreads in this program they just create them as two pages to start with.

If you need more help or specific information, please feel free to send me an email!

Lisa J.

lisaj@mymemories.com

""

Reply by Lori

8/11/2011 10:59:28 AM

That would be great as long as I can view them together and work on them together, but I still can't figure out how to do that. I can only seem to view one page at a time. Thanks for your help!

""

Reply by Linda

8/11/2011 6:32:28 PM

Lori, go to the tab "window" at the top.  It will give you a drop down selection.  Go to "tile vertically", you can then open up two pages side by side.  If you want to line them up so you can see the full page of both (they will be smaller sized) go to the "view" tab, select the selection "canvas zoom" and then select "fit to window".  You can move each page separate so that you can line them up together.  Hope that helps.

""

Reply by Lori

8/12/2011 7:41:33 AM

I made two pages and clicked on "tile vertically" and still only one shows up in the viewing pane. Both show up at the bottom, but I can't get them together at the top. I tried selecting both holding the control button, but still only one shows up at time. Help! LOL! I don't know why I can't get it to work. I really want to try the software, but I can't do one page at a time - it's too confusing! :)

""

Reply by Linda

8/13/2011 7:20:17 AM

Lori, each page will be separate but you can view them side by side as separate pages.  You'll have to click onto each page individually to open them both up when you have it as "tile vertically".  You can decrease the size (ie: 74 % on my screen I can visualize both pages at once) and you can also use your mouse to move each page individually.  I use the rulers and then just move the pages so that the tops of the pages line up.  Hope that helps.

""

Reply by Lori

8/16/2011 2:34:50 PM

Nope, I'm so frustrated! When I click on "tile vertically", it does NOTHING. The only things I can see side by side are the tiny thumbnails at the bottom. I have tried clicking the tile vertically option, then two thumbnails. I have tried selecting both thumbnails, then selecting the tile option. I have tried everything I can think of, but I cannot view the pages in the work window together. :(

""

Reply by Linda

8/17/2011 7:23:10 AM

Okay,  Maybe this might help.  Go to the tab "view" (up top).  You will need to choose the drop down section of "windows"  you might have it on "Maximize page" view.  If you see a drop down of "Windows" click onto it and then go over to "tile vertically" and click onto your pages separately.  They will open up in two SEPARATE pages but you then can use the "zoom" button (down on the very right hand side under the control section).   With my screen I have it set at 74% so that I can see both pages.  Remember they are SEPARATE pages but you can move them side by side by opening both and grabbing them to move.  Sorry you've been so frustrated.  It might have been that your view setting was for Maximize and if so that's why the tile vertical button doesn't do anything for you.  Let me know if I can help further.  I'll check this posting later today.

""

Reply by Lori

8/17/2011 7:54:44 AM

I get what you're saying. I don't know if it's on maximum page view. I can't find that anywhere. I've checked in every single menu. The tile options are grayed out. There is no way to click on them. Maybe I have a different version - or a defective download - LOL - I don't know. It shouldn't be this difficult. :(

""

Reply by Linda

8/17/2011 10:57:56 AM

If you go to the "view" tab is there a drop down that says "windows"?  IF there is then you ARE in Maximize view.  (and the tile vertical option will be just gray) Just click onto the "windows" drop down in the "view tab".  When I get home tonight I can take a screen shot of my computer to show you if you're still having problems.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please be kind and considerate of others here in the forum. MyMemories Community is a happy place. We welcome questions and project ideas, but we don't welcome anything inappropriate. This forum is heavily monitored and all spam or improper content will be deleted.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS