Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Hi everyone!

Started by Jen , author of Born Just Right 4/6/2011 11:31:46 PM

I had a bunch of people recommend using blogfrog as an extra way to share word of Born Just Right's mission to spread the word of how our kids are all born just right. So... please feel free to add your links, your ideas and input!!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8
""

Reply by Sandra

4/26/2011 1:18:50 PM

Hi....came across your page this morning. I am the mother of a born right handed young lady now 17 years old. She was born with an ulna club hand and at age two she had surgery so she could have a prosthetic arm. Lindsay's elbow doesn't bend so her hand just got in her way at that age. Last year we had a device made to hold a guitar pick. That was successful but trying to find the right acoustic guitar for her has been unsuccessful so far. Lindsay has grown into an amazing young lady and has a bright future ahead of her. I am currently working on a free website for her but you can check out her recent actitivities on lindsaycissellfanpage on facebook. She has many more accomplishments that I will post on freewebs.  

""

Reply by Jen

author of Born Just Right 5/3/2011 3:23:14 PM

I'm so glad you're here Sandra! It's been great talking to you a bit on Facebook!

""

Reply by Pamela

5/31/2011 6:59:16 PM

Hi..my son David is 9 years old and an active little boy.  He was born missing his right hand but that has not stopped him from trying anything.  At 7 he wanted a robot hand and we did get him one that is a myo electric device and gives him a pincer grasp, but it is hot and heavy and limits what he can do with it.  I showed him the picture of Jordan swimming with a helper hand and read to him about using the monkey bars and he was interested in this kind of helper hand.  Can you send me an email or link of what the name of this helper hand and who I can contact.  I would be very grateful.  My email address is PamGriffin@dishmail.net Thank you and I love your facebook page it really made feel not alone in helping my child.

""

Reply by Jen

author of Born Just Right 6/1/2011 12:17:42 AM

Hi Pamela!! Here's a link to see a little bit more about Jordan's helper arm(the hook is just one of many hands she uses with the): http://www.bornjustright.com/2010/06/were-hanging-in-there/

We worked with David Rotter who is in Chicago. I'm happy to chat with you more any time. Just email me: jen [at] bornjustright [dot] com.

""

Reply by Pamela

6/4/2011 8:20:40 AM

Thanks Jen for the information and if I have any more questions I will email you.

Hello everyone, I am glad to be a part of thie great community. I love reading your blogs. have a great day.

""

Reply by Laura@Catharsis

author of Catharsis | Not the average mommy blog. 6/19/2011 12:32:56 AM

I just read your blog and have to say, it touched my heart.  I tried to put your button on my blog, but it didn't work (?).  Looks like you're doing really great things for families.

""

Reply by Jen

author of Born Just Right 6/19/2011 12:33:02 AM
I am out of town between June 9 and June 26. I will have some access to the Web at times but I may not be able to return your email message until after my vacation. If you do not hear from me after the 26th, please shoot me another email. If you have immediate questions or concerns about KOMU or KOMU.com, please contact Stacey Woelfel at [email] or Elizabeth Frogge at [email] -Jen Reeves Interactive Director KOMU-TV, KOMU.com Associate Professor Missouri School of Journalism [email] @jenleereeves

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS