Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Any Tips for New Bloggers

Started by karima , author of Karima's Crafts 3/20/2011 9:45:37 AM

Hi I am fairly new to blogging, any great tips for newbies?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9

Hi Karima, I'm sure lots of others will come along with great tips for blogging.

I try and blog every day. Since my blog is all about gardening and growing food, in the winter it can be hard to find a subject. But I do find that works best, blogging every day.

Write about what you love. Readers will be interested in your subject if you love talking, writing and living it!

Have fun!

""

Reply by karima

author of Karima's Crafts 3/22/2011 5:45:43 AM

Hi thanks for replying. I am now following you and your website.

""

Reply by Franticmommy

author of Home - Franticmommy 3/23/2011 4:01:16 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of BLOGGING!

1.     Be yourself. Write the same way you’d talk to a friend. I blog in a very conversational way. I think that’s an asset. If people want to read dry boring monologues, they can go to any textbook. Fun it up. Be yourself!

2.     Guest blog. Guest blogging exposes you and your blog to a whole new tribe of readers.

Get familiar with keywords. Use words in your titles that you yourself would use if you were searching for something. SEO, baby!

Hi!  Welcome to the blog world!

I'd say,

1) be yourself

2) write often (I need to take my own advice)

3) no auto music..if you really want music, have a player that is off-that people can turn on if they want to listen

""

Reply by karima

author of Karima's Crafts 3/24/2011 9:49:16 AM

Thank you all for your comments.  The music one I have to agree it really annoys me when this is on a page!

""

Reply by Sonia

author of logallot.com 3/24/2011 10:30:15 AM

Welcome to Blogmania...

• Be consistent with your posts
  • Write good content
  • Find a way to help others with your blog (why should they read your blog?) Offer value.
  • When people comment on your blog, make sure you comment back (keep the conversation going and lets people know your actually alive).
  • Find good plugins to add to your blog (not into blogger sorry, I use wordpress).
  • Don't use crazy colors 
  • Don't go overboard with tons of badges and banner ads.  (makes you look desperate)

Most of all: HAVE FUN...everything else is cosmetic!

""

Reply by Anna

author of GueraZona 3/25/2011 9:56:17 AM

I'm a new blogger and just learned a few tips from a great post: 5 Sure Fire Ways to Increase Comments and Pageviews on Your Blog at The Mommy Chronicles. Check it out!

http://www.guerazona.com

""

Reply by Maureen

author of FurtherMo 3/31/2011 9:46:04 AM

I follow a lot of useful bloggers on Twitter and they teach me amazing things!

Here are a few of their tags: @, @, @, @, @ - to name just a few! 

Congrats on a new beginning. Mo

I would say the biggest tip is not to make the blog too long -- you know how we're all jumping around. Unfortunately, in this day and age (and I'm an author of novels!) people can't sit still for more than 2 seconds.

I also set my type on LARGEST size; I find most blog postings  font sizes are set to the smallest, and it makes it harder to read.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS