Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Need a book? Read a Review

Started by Maureen , author of FurtherMo 3/19/2011 4:59:14 PM

I just finished "Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness" by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. 

A wonderful introspection on the power of meditation and mindfullness in dealing with stress. Thoroughly enjoyed. 

Read a review here by Frederick and Mary Ann Brussat from their website, Spirituality and Practice

What are you reading? Please post your titles and reviews here!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 3/19/2011 6:21:12 PM

Here is a list of all our reviews on one page except the latest.

We recently reviewed The Self Aware Parent By Cathy Cassani Adams. We will be having a live chat with Cathy Tuesday April 12th in our Intentional Parenting Community. 9PM Eastern.

Cathy shares her heartfelt moments as she discusses her personal parenting discoveries, triumphs and tragedies. Giving herself time to grieve for her old life so she could fully move into her new parenting role, the importance of self-care and the identity crisis from going from a professional career to being a mom are just a few of the insightful personal experiences she profoundly shares.

No Excuses! How what you say can get in your way children's picture book review and give away.

We will be giving away a copy of No Excuses to a lucky winner during our live chat with Cathy Cassani Adams.

""

Reply by Anna

author of GueraZona 3/30/2011 2:01:12 PM

I'm reading a book called To Believe or Not Believe:  the Social and Neurological Consequences of Belief Systems by Rahasya Poe. It's an interesting look at our belief systems and how it affects our lives and our greater consciousness. So far, I'm really into the book. He's very analytical about his own beliefs and experiences, which in my mind gives him credibility. And he interviews scientists, spiritual leaders, and biologists, etc. too. In some places it can seem a bit nebulous, but for the most part I'm clear about his ideas. And he even goes into the ancient aliens theory, which is odd but fun. If you like new age stuff or book about consciousness, this is a good read. Insightful and enlightening.

""

Reply by Anna

author of GueraZona 3/30/2011 2:01:12 PM

I'm reading a book called To Believe or Not Believe:  the Social and Neurological Consequences of Belief Systems by Rahasya Poe. It's an interesting look at our belief systems and how it affects our lives and our greater consciousness. So far, I'm really into the book. He's very analytical about his own beliefs and experiences, which in my mind gives him credibility. And he interviews scientists, spiritual leaders, and biologists, etc. too. In some places it can seem a bit nebulous, but for the most part I'm clear about his ideas. And he even goes into the ancient aliens theory, which is odd but fun. If you like new age stuff or book about consciousness, this is a good read. Insightful and enlightening.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS