Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Start here!

Started by Qadoshyah , author of Country Girl Designs 3/14/2011 4:35:21 PM

Introduce yourself, share your blog, ask any questions, ask for tips or advice, etc!

Thank you!

Qadoshyah

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63
""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 4/6/2011 4:15:55 PM
I would start small with good contacts & build your portfolio from there. Advertising on free places first also helps with less overhead. Qadoshyah

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 4/11/2011 4:02:14 PM
You're welcome!

""

Reply by Shawna

author of Mommy Who Loves Giveaways 6/8/2011 7:39:24 PM

My blog is only about 5 months old and I have just a basic blogger design which I just customized! Don't even have the grab my button thing on there because I have no idea how to do it. I'd appreciate any advice on how to get more followers and anything really! Thanks! Here's my blog link: http://mommywholovesgiveaways.blogspot.com  So you can check it out if ya want! Shawna

Hi, Qadoshya! Firstly, you're a kind-hearted wonder for putting this up where people could seek - and get! - help. Now, on to me. My name is Ruzanne, a virtual assistant by choice and a mom by miracle! LOL!

My website is http://www.ruzanneromo.com/blogs and in it are my tiny endeavors to help out would-be VAs. I talk about how to find jobs, survive in the world of online service providers and everything that revolves around my life.

As you'd probably notice right on, the website is a work-in-progress. Soon I'll have the ebook (a guide on making money as a VA) and change some stuff in there.

Do you think I need to have more pictures and graphics in there? If so, are there sites you could point out where things are f.r.e.e ?

Thanks, Qadoshya!

I love you name, by the way.

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 6/10/2011 5:58:04 PM

Hi Shawna,

I can help you with the grab button code, if you'd like. Just post the link to where you have the photo at, what you want it to link to (I figure your blog) and I can give it to ya!

A great way to get more followers is to be active on other blogs, communities, social networks & forums. Blog parties also help a lot. There are typically free directories (blog or website0 you can submit your blog to as well.That'll all help generate more traffic.

I hope this helps some! Feel free to ask anymore questions :)!

Qadoshyah

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 6/10/2011 6:08:32 PM

Hi Ruzanne,

Thanks for the compliment on my name :). It's a Hebrew name actually! Glad you found this community.

I don't think you need to have too many more pictures & graphics. Although, I do think it would be very beneficial for your blog title & name to either have a logo. And/or some kind of designed text with maybe some graphics to it, so that it doesn't just look like a template header. It can be designed so that the gray background & even tree are seen through the newly designed text & header. If you need any help with this, let me know, as I can do logo & header designs for pretty cheap :).

I would also suggest a blog button so that others can grab it to put onto their blog if they would like. This would be good to have some graphics that tie into your blog as well. I can help with this too if you need any help :).

Feel free to ask anymore questions and hope this helps!

Qadoshyah

""

Reply by Debbie

author of RainbowsWithinReach 6/12/2011 10:01:29 AM

Brand new here!!

I'm an author/illustrator/music-lady for children, writing & recording original songs & turning them into picture books.

I speak at educational conferences around the country & am just back from a USO-style tour to Europe, singing with the children of our troops stationed abroad! (How cool is that?)

I've kept a blog of my travels for 3 years, as a sort of journal for family & friends & am now in the process of working at getting it/blog/my work to a larger audience & circulation. I have much to learn & it appears I have landed in the right place.

I'm a techno-infant/cave person -- but I'm very eager to learn. THANKS a gazillion for any & all help. Q, you have already answered several of my questions just above..... see I am in the right place.

Thanks for all hand holding & kicks in the seat of my pants.

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 6/16/2011 6:06:19 PM
Hi Debbie, Glad to have you here!! Any questions you have, just post here or email me ([email]) and I'll be glad to help! Qadoshyah Country Girl Designs www.countrygirlwebdesign.com

""

Reply by Stephen

author of glasskeys.com 7/10/2011 1:33:45 AM

Shawna,

You may wish to use some tools like this:
Google submit your website:
here.

Bing webmaster tools:
here

Successful blogging also requires some knowledge of HTML. This site is brilliant, it shows you common HTML tags in a digestible format, as well as letting you experiment & try different things on your own: W3 schools

As far as knowledge of blogging -- look up timethief on Twitter, she has an encyclopaedic knowledge of blogging, but dispenses her wisdom in a kind & non-haughty manner -- her blogs are quite pleasant to read as well.

I hope this helps.
~ Stephen

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 7/18/2011 1:48:00 PM
Thanks for sharing some tips, Stephen! Qadoshyah Country Girl Designs www.countrygirlwebdesign.com

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be friendly! Thank you!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS