Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Seeking Feedback

Started by Jane , author of Jane Ridgewood 4/23/2012 6:07:40 PM

I’ve recently tweaked my blog and my twitter to match the scheme/colors of my facebook page. I was wondering if anyone could take a look and give me some feedback here? Please free to be brutally honest with your opinions. I was going for something easy on the eyes that flowed well. I am still planning on adding a photo of myself back up onto my site. I’m just not sure if I’ll be doing it in my sidebar or on my ‘about’ page. The idea of matching my pages actually came from another blogger’s suggestion through here on BF. Anyways, please feel free to give me any and all feedback you have on the following –

http://www.janeridgewood.net

http://twitter.com/janeridgewood
http://www.facebook.com/janeridgewood

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21

I like it...you did a great job!

Love the social media icons you're using!

I like the subtle background goes great with your header.

I think it's fun to add a custom font to the post title.

You can do that through google webfonts they have really simple instructions on how to install it.

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 4/28/2012 3:40:04 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to look over things Liz! :)

I got the social media icons from iconarchive.com - they have a bunch of great free icons to be used on websites. I too like the eggs felt they were appropriate for this month. lol

OMG and I love Google webfonts, I just never honestly thought about installing one into my blog. LOL! Thank you for that suggestion. :)

Liz's profile picture
Liz said ...
I think it's fun to add a custom font to the post title.

""

Reply by Qadoshyah

author of Country Girl Designs 4/30/2012 2:29:38 PM
It looks great!! Having them all match is certainly ideal and makes things look much more professional, IMO. Qadoshyah Country Girl Designs [phone] www.countrygirlwebdesign.com

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 4/30/2012 4:19:28 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to look things over. :) I agree it makes things more balance, though I'm forever trying to think of a better color scheme or way of putting it together so it all matches, looks professional and yet remains clean and easy on the eyes. LOL

Qadoshyah's profile picture
Qadoshyah said ...
It looks great!! Having them all match is certainly ideal and makes things look much more professional, IMO. Qadoshyah Country Girl Designs [phone] www.countrygirlwebdesign.com

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 5/1/2012 3:17:30 PM

Okay, I just finished re-doing the color scheme for my website, Facebook page and twitter page. I know I got a lot of compliments on the blue scheme that flowed, but I needed to incorporate just a little more color. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

""

Reply by Keziah

author of Over 40 and Focused 5/1/2012 4:37:36 PM

Your design is very nice. You did a great job.  I liked them all. I just created a blog and I have no idea how to design it. 

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 5/2/2012 12:41:41 PM

Thank you very much Keziah! :) What's your blog? I would love to check it out.

Keziah's profile picture
Keziah said ...
Your design is very nice. You did a great job.  I liked them all. I just created a blog and I have no idea how to design it. 

""

Reply by Keziah

author of Over 40 and Focused 5/2/2012 3:47:55 PM

Your welcome.  It is www.over40andfocused.blogspot.com. 

I really like the Facebook. The way you cut up the picture of the tree looks great. My suggestions would be to add that to the blog and change the font color to blue instead of pink. 

I would also add your blog name (in the blue) to your twitter background as well. 

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 5/12/2012 7:47:18 PM

Thank you very much for your suggestions Barbara! I'm definitely planning to at least change up my twitter background a bit. :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be friendly! Thank you!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS