Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Dating Your Husband

Started by Sandie , author of A Bloggable Life 1/20/2011 9:27:28 PM

I loved your post & new year's resolution re: "dating" your husband. I was curious if you're sticking to that plan and if so, what sorts of things are you doing to "date?"

A few years ago, hubby and I reinstated date night by pledging to see a movie and go out to dinner (without the kids) at least once a month. But every year during/after the holidays, our schedule gets neglected (maybe it's just the hazards of a snowy winter) and date night gets all but forgotten about. So I'd love to know...what are you doing to "date?"

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4
""

Reply by Lisa @ Karma Per Diem

author of Karma Per Diem 1/21/2011 7:55:20 AM

In spite of my back issue, we're doing pretty good!  In three weeks we've:

1. Gone to a party where he knew zip and stayed out until 1:30 a.m., playing games (he loved the beer!).
  2. We've been to the movies (he hates going to movies). 
  3. We've been out to dinner (again, he hates!) with friends. 
  4. We drove across the state line and went thrifting (he really hates!), out to lunch, and to a bookstore. 
  5. This week we've taken two long drives with the camera and a "picnic" (he loved!).
  6. My personal favorite was when he accompanied me to a local coffee shop to hear a band play.  He really didn't think he'd enjoy it, but some friends unexpectedly showed up, and we enjoyed late night coffee drinks and awesome music.
  7. We've played long games of cards.
  8. We're making a point of holding hands more often! 

Now that I think about it, maybe he's trying more than me!  I'd love to hear from others on "dating" ideas for we old married people....

wink

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN 1/21/2011 2:51:54 PM

We started a blog that will hold us accountable for dates because it has to do with going out to eat and better yet, trying new places to get us out of our funk of going to the same places time and time again...

www.52weekspdx.com

www.imnotsuperwoman.com

""

Reply by Lisa @ Karma Per Diem

author of Karma Per Diem 1/22/2011 11:10:30 AM

Aw, a blog for dates??  That's a great idea!  I was actually shocked when my husband other day suggested going to see another movie!  Then, of all the crazy things, the movie we want to see is not being shown locally.  So, (another shocker) we're going out to eat tonight! 

Very clever Jennifer!  Accountability is a good thing!

""

Reply by Leila

author of Dating Websites 10/27/2011 4:53:52 PM

I'm the driving force in my family. I just can't stay at home for too long! We try to do many different things like going for a romantic walk near a lake or the ocean. Sometimes we got for a picnic or a short hike. We very rarely go to the movies or to a restaurant. I think making it interesting and keeping it different helps to keep it going

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Again, please be kind and nice.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS