Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Anyone have problems printing SmartSource?

Started by erika 8/22/2012 9:15:19 AM

I updated Java like I was told and the print page still gets stuck on the "Initializing print" screen...left it up for half an hour and nothing printed.  Has anyone had this problem that has any tips for fixes?  I really want to get the Aunt Jemima coupon for my shopping trip today :P

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5
""

Reply by Beth

8/22/2012 1:23:11 PM

There is an older thread on here where several people have tried to help me print smartsource and redplum coupons.  I've tried everything and anything to no avail.  I have 2 laptops with Windows7 one old and one new.  The new one wouldn't print them but the old one would, but NOT ANYMORE!   I've given up trying to figure it out.  In fact it says on the smartsource site that it's not fully compatible with Windows7.

When ever I need to print coupons from either site I fire up a really old desktop with XP on it. The Java on it has been upgraded twice and it hasn't caused any problems with printing the coupons.  

If you have Windows7 and you figure it out please let me know what you did. 

""

Reply by erika

8/22/2012 2:03:31 PM

I may have to try digging out the old XP.  A few weeks ago when the problem started, I found an older version of Java and installed it and they printed from Internet Explorer on my Windows 7.  Last night that didn't work at all from either system, so I upgraded to the recent version again and still no prints.  I am going to try downgrading Java again at some point today and will let you know the results of that.  Thanks for the response :) 

""

Reply by Sue

author of SavinSource 8/22/2012 3:12:36 PM

I had the same problem and it took several tries to solve it. First of all, you don't say what operating system you have. I have Windows Vista. This is what I did.

I went to my control panel and opened the Programs folder. I then found and deleted all Java programs and updates. Then I opened my "Computer" folder and clicked on my "C" drive. I opened the program files and deleted Java from there also. The next time I wanted to print a coupon, it gave me a link to install Java. Once I installed it from their link, I was able to print. I have not had any problems since.

""

Reply by erika

8/22/2012 4:00:45 PM

Thanks for the help!  I have one computer with Vista and one with 7.  Followed your instructions on the Vista and it worked when using the Internet Explorer browser, whoohoo :)

""

Reply by Sue

author of SavinSource 8/22/2012 6:13:44 PM

So happy that you can print again!

erika's profile picture
erika said ...
Thanks for the help!  I have one computer with Vista and one with 7.  Followed your instructions on the Vista and it worked when using the Internet Explorer browser, whoohoo :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Posts and comments need to be helpful and considerate. Any posts/comments that are for self promotion or for referrals will be removed. Also posts/comments that are against proper coupon ethics or just not nice will be removed. In general a community is a happy place that is all about helping out the group!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS