Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

When do you switch over your closet to fall and winter clothing?

Started by Sally , author of Already Pretty | Where style meets body image 10/27/2010 8:06:02 AM

This fall has been wacky. Don't deny it! And now it's SNOWING and we're not even in November yet. Makes a girl wonder how to dress ... and organize.

I generally switch my closet over to fall and winter clothing in mid-September - bring out the heavy woolens that were in storage - but this year I waited. How about you? Do you separate your clothes by season? If so, when do you make the big switch?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by The Hubby Diaries

author of The Hubby Diaries 10/27/2010 8:23:42 AM

Wow.. I'm battling this right now.  I have no idea which wardrobe should be front & center in my closet (and to make matters worse, both summer & winter clothes cannot fit together simultaneously)

It's not snowing here.... we actually had a few cold days and now it's unseasonably warm... It's been mid 70s and it's even humid today!   I have no idea how to even get dressed in the morning!

Normally I'd be switched over by mid October, but looks like that's all screwed up this year!

Here in New England ~ I try to have all year wear ~ meaning mostly "layers? ~ only have 1 wool coat (others are other material) and try to keep "wool products" to a minimum unless they are moth proof ~ Used to hate climbing up 2 flights of stairs to store real wintry woolen clothing ~ Now most is "moth proof" ~ thanks for asking this question ~ good way to connect with others around the country ~ hugs and namaste, cz

""

Reply by Tracy

author of Sellabit Mum 10/27/2010 9:22:13 AM

I switch out a lot around labor day - mostly so I can have space for my kids Fall clothing and have access to hangers. I leave just a few summer items for us to wear during Fall transition.

As of October 1st - we were 100% switch to Fall though and all summer is either put away, up on ebay or donated already.  

It is quite a process for the 4 of us ladies and usually takes me about a week to complete. But I love it - just touching, hanging and smelling those new clothes.  ahhhhh... I love closet transition time...

I have enough room where I don't have to switch out my closets.. It makes layering for this unpredictable weather easier!

My kiddos don't have nearly the same amount of space. We swapped out their shorts for pants a couple of months ago. We're just pulling out the sweatshirts and sweaters now.

Tracy, me too. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime!

""

Reply by Tracy

author of Sellabit Mum 10/27/2010 11:09:08 AM

I am so glad I am not alone in this bi-yearly closet change joy. ;)

Sally's profile picture
Sally said ...
Tracy, me too. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime!

""

Reply by Pam

10/27/2010 12:44:57 PM

what are fall and winter clothes?  

:)   So Cal !

""

Reply by Kat

author of Mama's Losin' It! 10/27/2010 1:18:02 PM

I'm so unorganized...all my clothes are mixed...because what if I want to wear a summer tank underneath a cozy sweater-like shrug? Everything is mixed together.

That being said, I would LOVE to see some snow in my city this year!! Come on Pacific Northwest!! Bring it!

""

Reply by Missy

author of The Marketing Mama Blog 10/27/2010 2:55:44 PM

TODAY.

(actually, I don't own enough clothes to "switch" wardrobes. I just start moving towards my turtlenecks and sweaters.)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS