Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Valentine Classroom Party Ideas

Started by Marie , author of Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, Recipes and More | Make and Takes 1/13/2011 11:28:19 AM

Are you helping with your child's classroom party? Maybe a game, a craft, or a treat? Share your ideas!

Here's a fun round up of ideas that I've done for a Valentine's Classroom Party.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12
""

Reply by jules p

1/14/2011 8:51:00 AM

When I have planned the parties, I make "stations" for them to make a craft, play a game, have something to snack on etc. This gives them something to look forward to. Not just getting everything all at once. It also is a "time waster" for the teacher.

Be sure and have lots of parents to help. It makes things run so smoothly when you do.

I don't suppose my teenagers would appreciate me bringing these to their classrooms...do you? laugh

I am always looking for ideas that are new and fun.  We usually play Bingo and decorate sugar cookies, but I would love to do something fun and new this year.  Can't wait to see what others share.  I will have to check out your blog Marie!

""

Reply by Erin

1/14/2011 2:21:36 PM

We have played bingo and we wrote some valentines for people in nursing homes and retirement communities.  But... we also do ice cream sundae party which is usually a hit.

""

Reply by Collette

1/14/2011 2:43:24 PM

I love the ice cream sundae party.  I might have to do that with one of my girls classes.  I am room mom for 1 so I am always looking for new ideas.

""

Reply by Michelle

author of Everyday Celebrating 1/14/2011 3:13:09 PM

Thanks so much, Marie!  I was about to search and search for ideas!

""

Reply by Tonya

author of Create-Celebrate-Explore 1/14/2011 6:13:15 PM

I made these with my kids last year for their classmates.  It was a fun preschool age activity that could easily be done in the classroom.

http://www.tonyastaab.com/2010/02/heart-crafts.html

So cute Tonya!

Tonya's profile picture
Tonya said ...
http://www.tonyastaab.com/2010/02/heart-crafts.html

Actually, my sister dresses up as a different Holiday fairy for almost all the holidays and goes into her high school kids classrooms and passes out treats! AND she gives them a big kiss on the cheek with bright red lipstick. They hate it, but they really love it!!

You could do something like that!! :)

HoosierHomemade's profile picture
HoosierHomemade said ...
I don't suppose my teenagers would appreciate me bringing these to their classrooms...do you? laugh

That would be great...don't think I would ever live it down though. smiley

I'm actually thinking of taking some treats into a friends classroom. She teaches 5th grade in a school that is lower income.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS