Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Thanksgiving Table

Started by Amy , author of The Idea Room - Inspiring Mothers, Women and Families 11/3/2010 9:39:53 PM

What are your favorite dishes to serve and eat on your Thanksgiving table?

Of course I would have to say the turkey, but I also love mashed potatoes sans gravy!  And my mom makes some killer sweet potatoes...oh and I can't forget my SIL's homemade rolls! 

Now I'm hungry :)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Valerie

author of All The Pieces of Me 11/4/2010 12:51:32 AM

Two traditional foods that I love:

My grandma's sage dressing (stuffing) and my husband's grandma's homemade egg noodles (served with the potatoes and gravy). And I love my mom's sweet potatoes too! :)  She does the carmelized kind. YUM!

Definitely Sweet potatoes with marshmallows and my second favorite "regular" food is the turkey.

Yum...I can't wait for Thanksgiving!  smiley

Oh, we make a yummy sweet potato too, with brown sugar and pecans!

Also a stuffing with chestnuts and pine nuts!!!!!

Ahhh, I'm getting hungry!

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Shannon's Shanonigins 11/9/2010 6:26:52 PM

I love it all, I love the smell of everything while I'm cooking and preparing it, I do love eating it, but I think I love everything that leads up to it more. Eating Thanksgiving dinner is like opening Christmas presents, it's fun, but your a little sad when it's over, until you realize you need to start putting up Christmas decorations :))))

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Pizzazzerie 11/9/2010 8:41:41 PM

Green Bean Casserole for sure! And... yeast rolls :)

""

Reply by Nancy

11/9/2010 8:50:24 PM

I love the cream cheese with cranberry jelly appetizer with fancy crackers.  Oh and  Thanksgiving begins the gingerbread pancake breakfast season! 

My grandmother's dressing made in her big iron skillet!  I remember her using the same skillet when she cooked Thanksgiving dinner.  I'm such a sap!

""

Reply by Delishhh

author of — Delishhh 11/11/2010 10:49:42 AM

Ribs!!! love them! Has been a huge hit since we started that tradition.

My  father in law's stuffing (that my hubby now brings to our table)... Sweet Potatoes with brown sugar and marshmallows.

Our newest tradition "the fried turkey" of course I still get to make the traditional turkey in the oven too. But gotta let the hubby have his cooking fun too :))

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS