Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Thanksgiving Treats

Started by Amy , author of The Idea Room - Inspiring Mothers, Women and Families 11/2/2010 10:33:23 PM

What are your favorite Thanksgiving treats and recipes?  The kids and I love making these fun Thanksgiving Turkeys each year.  They also make fun gifts for neighbors, classmates and friends.  Click here for the tutorial. 

http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/11/oreo-cookie-turkeys.html

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21
""

Reply by Maureen

11/3/2010 5:39:54 AM

Those are super cute!!

""

Reply by Maria

author of Close to Home 11/3/2010 6:37:23 AM

smart of you to put them on another oreo.  Here are the cookies we make

http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com/2009/11/thanksgiving-cookies.html

""

Reply by Bayou-Mama

author of Bayou-Mama 11/3/2010 8:15:50 AM

Wow Amy, I may have to make those for my kids' classes!

How cute! I might just have to add those to some cupcakes wink

""

Reply by Valerie

author of All The Pieces of Me 11/3/2010 3:05:01 PM

Amy~ those turkeys are my nemesis!  I tried making them last year and they just kept falling apart!  I got frustrated and gave up!  What the heck? 8 year old boys can make these turkey treats...but not me! :) I might try them again this year...maybe.

Oh man!  Sorry to hear that.  I had to prop mine up to get them to stay that way till they dried.  Maybe a nice thick frosting...like frosting used for gingerbread houses might help.  I feel that same way about my SIL homemade rolls.  They never turn out like hers...grr!

Valerie 's profile picture
Valerie said ...
Amy~ those turkeys are my nemesis!  I tried making them last year and they just kept falling apart!  I got frustrated and gave up!  What the heck? 8 year old boys can make these turkey treats...but not me! :) I might try them again this year...maybe.

Maria--Those cookies would be fun for the kids to make while waiting for Thanksgiving dinner.  Thanks for sharing! 

""

Reply by Valerie

author of All The Pieces of Me 11/4/2010 3:52:05 PM

Amy~ yeah I was thinking that Royal Icing would work much better than regular frosting.  I used a canned frosting~ and I think a buttercream would probably work better than that too.

But...I think next time I am going to try dipping chocolate for the "glue".  It sets up pretty quickly, and I have a bunch of it left over from my son's wedding.  I don't know if I'll be making them this year (Thanksgiving at my in-laws is typically pretty casual) but next year for sure! 

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Shannon's Shanonigins 11/4/2010 7:48:43 PM

Those are adorable, great idea:))

Thanks Allison and Shannon.  The adults at our house enjoy making them just as much as the kids :)!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS