Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Pumpkin Carving Pics & Tricks

Started by Courtney , author of Pizzazzerie 9/30/2010 11:07:41 PM

Share your favorite Pumpkin Carving tips & tricks! I've noticed the cover of almost every seasonal crafts magazine has amazing carved pumpkins! I'm in awe! I was never very good at making them perfect - so perhaps you have some fun tips or tricks? Share your pictures!

Here is one I did a couple of years ago - clearly I need to up my game ;)

I thought this was a fun idea (found on diynewlyweds.com) - use your house #! 

And I am a sucker for anything monogrammed and think this is super cute and fun. 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11

I love the monogrammed pumpkin.  That just made it on my "to do" list!  Thanks for sharing!

Courtney's profile picture
Courtney said ...
And I am a sucker for anything monogrammed and think this is super cute and fun. 

""

Reply by Lorie

author of Be Different...Act Normal 10/1/2010 6:25:19 AM

Love all of those!!  

This is my favorite idea this year:

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Pizzazzerie 10/2/2010 4:05:21 PM

I love that house! That is so neat.

Laurie, one of my fellow community leaders, had a great post with 32 ways to decorate a pumpkin! Check it out here. This was one of my FAVES! I love the silver!

pumpkin carving patterns

Love the house numbers idea! And I loved Tip Junkie's post with pumpkins.

My boys are teenagers and they still LOVE to carve pumpkins.

""

Reply by Gina

10/4/2010 11:35:43 AM

Those are fabulous! I may have to try that house number one and the monogram :)

I was told that instead of cutting off the top of the pumpkin and having a lid...to instead cut a hole into the BOTTOM of the pumpkin.  It should be large enough to be able to fit you hand into to gut the pumpkin.  Then carve the pumpkin as usual and then you can set the pumpkin right over the candle instead of placing the candle down inside of the pumpkin.  Makes it stable and so much easier to light. 

We usually use tea lights and place them onto a pickle jar lid or a mason jar lid.  This little tip also helps your jack-o-lantern sit flat and be more stable as well.

Thanks Courtney - I'm not even going to admit how many hours I googled for those 32 pumpkin carving ideas. {{evil laugh}}  I'm SO glad you like it.

We found a farmer yesterday that had pumpkins for $1 and $3...that's a steal around by us.

I'm excited to try some of the ideas.

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Pizzazzerie 10/9/2010 11:02:46 PM

Laurie - I can't imagine, cause they all ROCK, would have taken me days! 

Liz -- $1! Wow, we can only get the mini ones for that price! 

Spray Paint & Glitter

This weekend, I was working on a tablescape that involved pumpkins but I didn't want that BRIGHT orange. So I spray painted them gold and LOVE how they turned out! I bought some white mini pumpkins and I think I'm going to add some glitter to them like these pics below! What do ya'll think? 

Trio of Glitter Painted Pumpkins

Source: FaveCrafts

Source: marthastewart

Martha Stewart Tabletop Glitter Pumpkins

Source: Frontgate.com

This last one is my absolute FAVE - I think it adds a touch of glam to Halloween :) 

We usually download a coloring page from NickJr.com to carve a pumpkin that is themed in something the girls love and identify with.  Last year we did Blue's Clues.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS