Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

How creepy do you decorate for Halloween?

Started by Marie , author of Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, Recipes and More | Make and Takes 9/29/2010 10:42:41 AM

Do you go all out for your Halloween decorations? Are you a creepy decorator with blood and skulls? Or do you keep it light with pretty pumpkins and silly witches?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10

I go ALL out on Halloween decorations. As my boys are getting older, I've been gradually branching out to more creepy decor.

We had an Indiana Jones birthday party 2 years ago and I kept all the skeleton and spider decor to use for Halloween.  {{love it!}}

Laurie, that is awesome! I wouldn't say that is too creepy. I can take a few spiders and webs. Maybe a head or two. But it's the blood and guts that I can do without!

I'm with Laurie. I go ALL out. Skully's, pumpkins, spiders, witches & more. But no blood or guts around here!

""

Reply by Tara

author of Banks Blab 9/29/2010 10:58:31 PM

Nothing creepy at our house!  My kids are scared of Swiper the Fox on Dora, so blood, skull, and spiders is soooooooooo not up our alley.  Custsie all the way. 

""

Reply by barefeetonthedashboard

author of bare feet on the dashboard 9/30/2010 2:22:36 PM

We go cute instead of creepy.  My husband doesn't really like the creepy aspect of Halloween, so I do a lot of pumpkins, hay bales, candy, etc.  

""

Reply by meghan

author of Meghan's Mindless Muttering 10/3/2010 8:34:01 AM

I don't do creepy or scarey much to the chagrin of my 3 boys.  I tell them when you get a house you can decorate like you wish.  My little guy doesn't care right now, he's 4.

Bring on the cute!

I like a bit of both, campy but creepy -but not gross ...I never go full out cuteness.  It's Halloween! 

I just started decorating yesterday actually {and posted about it here} and someone tweeted that it was too creepy ...so creepy she had to close my blog page stat!  That's just crazy. lol

""

Reply by Brandie

author of Rudy Family Rukus 10/3/2010 8:58:19 PM

My kids are totally scared of all that stuff.  My son wouldn't even go into my brother and sister-in-laws house two years ago because they had a huge spider and web outside their door.  We stick with pumpkins and fall leaves haha!

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 10/4/2010 1:09:10 PM

We decorate the inside of Stacy's garage. It's filled with blinking lights, scary sounds, fog and what ever else is in our Halloween supply. We line the driveway with lit up pumpkins, play Halloween music outside and we also have a huge lit up spider in the front yard. Sometimes we dress up but usually it's cold and we just bundle up. Last year a few friends dressed up. They were pretty scary. If it was a little kid coming into the scary garage for candy they would stand very still and not make a sound.(We had a look out to tell us age groups approaching and we always made it more funny than scary for the little ones) If it was older kids they had the freedom to scare them. We had kids going home and bringing their parents over to see it all. It's a lot of fun and the neighborhood has come to expect it to be better and better every year. 

I am in between.  We are starting to decorate this weekend and I can't wait.  Hopefully it will be nice enough for the little one.  

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS