Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Favorite Holiday Movies

Started by Sugar , author of Sugar in the Raw | short and sweet, sometimes bitter 11/30/2010 12:57:36 PM

While I love a good old classic like "It's a Wonderful Life", I've come to enjoy new modern and non-traditional holiday movies. I never miss watching A Christmas Story, and although not for the eyes of the little ones, I love watching Trading Places when the weather starts to cool.

What are some movies that you like to watch during the holiday season?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10
""

Reply by Harmony

author of Our Life Song 11/30/2010 1:08:10 PM

I love the movie "The Holiday" actually! Kate Winslet is one of my fave's....

I also love to watch "White Christmas" and "A Christmas Story".

It's a family tradition to watch "Polar Express" every Christmas Eve. :)

""

Reply by Nicole

11/30/2010 1:17:49 PM

My favorites are ... "The Holiday", "The Family Stone" and "Love Actually".

We ALWAYS watch the traditional animations ...Rudolph, Frosty, Grinch, Peanuts!

Other favorites are A Christmas Story, Elf and Polar Express.

""

Reply by Jen {Tiny Oranges}

author of Tiny Oranges - Fresh, fun blog for OC moms 11/30/2010 1:43:19 PM

I have always wanted to see that and forgot about it!  Adding to my Netflix list now! Thanks! 

Harmony's profile picture
Harmony said ...
I love the movie "The Holiday" actually! Kate Winslet is one of my fave's....

Way too many to list... but we make sure to watch Elf, White Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Miracle on 34th St. every year.

We usually end up watching  the 25 Days of Christmas on abc family every year too!

We love watching It's a Wonderful life, A Christmas Story, Elf and without fail National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

""

Reply by Ruth

author of So Cal Pocket Memories 12/1/2010 9:38:33 AM

We watched it for the first time last year and loved it!  I plan to make it a tradition also, but Christmas Eve I am stuck with It's a Wonderful Life!

Harmony's profile picture
Harmony said ...
It's a family tradition to watch "Polar Express" every Christmas Eve. :)

All the kid specials - Grinch, Charlie Brown, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. I especially love Rudolph because as I kid they played it on tv on a Wednesday night. I have NO idea why. Such a weird night to play an annual kid's movie. Anyway, we had to go to church on Wed evenings and we always had to leave right at the cliff hanger... just as the abominable snowman came out! Cut to commercial... time to get in the car. 

Not surprisingly, I haven't darkened the door of a church since leaving home for college.

""

Reply by Megan

author of Mama Bub 12/1/2010 1:02:01 PM

Elf, Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Fred Claus (I think Santa's Village is PERFECT in this movie,) Love Actually, The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2, and Home Alone!

""

Reply by Diane {Created by Diane}

author of created by Diane 12/1/2010 8:54:43 PM

I love the Holiday too :)

Sugar's profile picture
Sugar said ...
I LOVE "The Holiday"!!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS