Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What brings you here? An introduction thread...

Started by Queenie , author of thePLANETpink 7/26/2010 11:05:08 PM

Tell us more about yourself!  How many kids do you have?  Do you plan to have more?  Is motherhood everything you thought it would be?

I'm "Queenie", ruler of The Planet Pink and mama to 4 princesses ages 7, 5, 3 and 1.  My fourth princess is quickly shedding her baby ways and I can't hardly stand it.  Not sure what I'll do with myself when I no longer have a wee babe in the house (No, I won't be having another!!  *snip snip*).

I can't even remember what I thought motherhood would be like before I became a mama.  I'm pretty sure at this point I'm just hanging on for the ride!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15
""

Reply by adriel

author of the mommyhood memos 7/27/2010 6:16:52 AM

I'm here because I'm a new mom and I'm addicted to baby blogs at the moment! I subscribe to lots of blogs, but feel like I'm still a bit lacking in the niche where my main interest is right now. (Maybe this will change... but for now I'm all about the babes.) Anyway, I created this community to network with other moms at a similar stage in motherhood as me... and hopefully a few more experienced ones too (like you Queenie). :)

I'm 32, married to a handsome Aussie named Ryan for the last 2.5 years, and mama to a six-month-old presh pot named Levi. I'm American but we live in Australia. (I've been here for 9 years.)

Um, motherhood... how to sum it up in a short note?! Yes, it's totally what I was expecting... and no, it's nothing like I was expecting. I never thought I had so many emotions, that's one thing that's for sure! Being a mom has brought out the very best and very worst in me... I'm loving it, but also being stretched and challenged a lot. (Love that too... most of the time.) I've wanted to be a mom ever since I can remember, and despite the challenges, I can honestly say I was born for this and I adore it! (It helps that my son is pretty much the cutest little heart-stealer ever... as I'm sure you'd agree.)

The Mommyhood Memos is all about motherhood with a baby: some humor, some tips, some stories, some photos. I hope to sometimes entertain and cause a chuckle and other times inspire and encourage. I'm convinced about the rewards in sharing the journey and I love to write about motherhood as life as I learn and grow.

""

Reply by Nantawan Bennett

author of My Charming Kids Bua & Ben 7/27/2010 12:56:08 PM

I'm Nan from Thailand, I was Single Mom but remarried with American guy last year we live in Thailand right now, I have one daughter and no plan to have more baby , she very cute daughter name Lebau , she is 3 years old.

Nice to meet you all.

Nan

""

Reply by Betsy

author of Waiting for Skittle 7/27/2010 2:46:18 PM

I'm Betsy, I have one son - Gunne Bear who is now 13 months old. I like sharing information, since what works for someone else might work for me and vice versa. We are also currently contemplating jumping back into the ring with baby number 2, so I figured it can't hurt to immerse myself in some baby/bump blogs for a while as we make our plans and start TTC.

I also spent so much of his first months under a rock due to PPD and PPA so I'm only now starting to socialize and am loving it!

""

Reply by Livy

author of Making Over Mum 7/27/2010 4:15:28 PM

I'm Liv. I have a baby girl, Laney and she is just about 9 months. I have only just started blogging and it feels good to have an outlet.

I don't really know if motherhood is what I was expecting. In some ways yes, and others no. It really turns your whole world upside down. I wouldn't go back though.

I'm Sara, and I'm new to the whole blog thing... so bear with me!  Any good tips would help!   I have one daughter.. Kylie she's 4, and we're working on another one.. fingers crossed!  I've had my ups and downs in motherhood... I was a single mom for a while, and it was pretty tough....I remember going hungry just so my daughter could eat.... but then I married my husband (June 2010) and now it's much easier... except now I'm going to school full time, working full time, and still trying to be a mommy, and learning to be a wife!

""

Reply by adriel

author of the mommyhood memos 7/28/2010 6:33:49 AM

So glad you're out from your "rock" Betsy! PPD/PPA is no easy thing to walk through. Hoping you've found some really good support. xx

Profile picture for Betsy
Betsy said ...
I also spent so much of his first months under a rock due to PPD and PPA so I'm only now starting to socialize and am loving it!

Sara, I think you'll find blogfrog to be an incredible place to lean more about blogging!! I've only been on about two weeks but am loooving it and learning a ton! Don't be afraid to post questions and discussions. Lots of people are willing to help. :)

Profile picture for Sara
Sara said ...
I'm Sara, and I'm new to the whole blog thing... so bear with me!  Any good tips would help!   I have one daughter.. Kylie she's 4, and we're working on another one.. fingers crossed!  I've had my ups and downs in motherhood... I was a single mom for a while, and it was pretty tough....I remember going hungry just so my daughter could eat.... but then I married my husband (June 2010) and now it's much easier... except now I'm going to school full time, working full time, and still trying to be a mommy, and learning to be a wife!

""

Reply by Cameron

author of Ingenue Mom 7/28/2010 8:43:33 AM

I'm Cameron & I'm a first time mom. My daughter is almost 7 months & I cannot believe how fast she is growing up!!! I'm here because I love connecting with other moms! I have found motherhood to be everything I expected it to be - good & bad! I went into it with my eyes open because my best friend had 2 girls & I had seen how hard, but how rewarding things were for her!

At the same time, you never fully get it until you are holding that baby & I've found myself overwhelmed & full of questions!! But I've also found that you become an expert in your own child pretty quickly. So even though I'm still new at this, I have 7 months of experience & some advice based on what we are doing. I love how motherhood does that - leaves you with questions & answers all at the same time!

""

Reply by Morgan

author of The Little Hen House 8/5/2010 11:40:18 PM

Hi!

I'm Morgan. I am a mom to Emma, who turns 3 in October, and Annie, who is 5 months old. I started blogging because something happens every day that makes me laugh, cry, or feel terribly grateful for my children. Sometimes all of those happen in one day too. :) Some things were just too ridiculous to keep to myself.

The one great thing I have learned while being a mother is that we are never alone. Motherhood brings us together and it's in sharing our experiences that we become bonded. I have a wonderful circle of mommy friends and the blogging community is just another extension of that circle. I feel so rewarded by being a part of it. 

It feels great to tell stories, have a good laugh (usually at myself) and hear about everyone else's crazy lives. I'm trying to get myself out there, and be more involved in the blogging world, but I feel so spread thin. Just when I thought I was in a groove with the first, I went and got pregnant with my second.

The most surprising thing about motherhood is how fast it goes. I know everyone says that, but I can't believe how much I have forgotten in just a few years. The other day my girlfriend asked me when Emma first sat up and I couldn't remember! At the time, I probably could have sworn that the day she sat up was one of the most memorable days of my life but now I cannot recall any of it. Fill out those baby books now ladies! You won't remember any of it later. Heck, you may not remember it tomorrow! :)  

I would love to get any advice or input on how to market my blog better. I'm totally new to this, but I really want it to be good. I look at some of the other blogs out there and I get so intimidated. 

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!

""

Reply by adriel

author of the mommyhood memos 8/6/2010 7:07:33 AM

Hey Morgan. Glad you found our group here. :) 

I love your blog - you really are a great writer! I hope you can get more "out there" too. I think you'll find blogfrog is a great place to network. I've only been on about 3 weeks or so but already have found amazing blogs to follow and have had more exposure as well. Keep writing great content... and then also try to get active in a couple communities on here. It's a great way to connect.

Also, are you on twitter? I'm new to twitter... at least to being active in twitter. (And still have fairly sporadic "active" days in between the ones I forget.) But, I'm slowly starting to connect there more too. "Everyone" says it's a "must" for bloggers to utilize... and I feel like I'm just now catching on to how it can help... What do you think?

Profile picture for Morgan
Morgan said ...
The most surprising thing about motherhood is how fast it goes. I know everyone says that, but I can't believe how much I have forgotten in just a few years. The other day my girlfriend asked me when Emma first sat up and I couldn't remember! At the time, I probably could have sworn that the day she sat up was one of the most memorable days of my life but now I cannot recall any of it. Fill out those baby books now ladies! You won't remember any of it later. Heck, you may not remember it tomorrow! :)  

""

Reply by Morgan

author of The Little Hen House 8/6/2010 3:23:05 PM

Hi Adriel! Glad we got to connect here too!

I'm on Twitter, but not very active. My posts go directly on there, but I only have a handful of followers. I'm actually going to buy an iPhone today, which I think will help me stay connected. (happy anniversary present to me!)

Let's try to find each other on there too. :) I'm under "littlehenhouse". It seems like most of the Mom Bloggers are pretty active on there. Let's inspire each other to just start doing it. :) 

I also need to get a Facebook fan page going. I post my blogs on there directly, but I think it would be better just to give my blog its own page. Ug, I need a nanny just so I can blog. 

I'm thinking of getting out of Wordpress and just going independent. I think I'm also going to change the format of my blog and go with three columns and some other more customized formatting. So much to think about!

I love reading your blog. I especially enjoyed today's post. I have a love/hate relationship with my c-section scar. Your love and appreciation for your little guy is so touching. Thanks for reminding me of what is really important in life. 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

be nice. always share. play fair. have fun!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS