Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Are you a camping person or a hotel kind of person???

Started by Stacey , author of This Lil Piglet 8/5/2010 2:00:22 PM

I thought this would be fun to discuss.  Are you a camping or hotel kind of person?

Personally, I LOVE camping but with the birth of my fourth child (currently 2 months old) and a recent camping trip, in a family size tent, I'm finding it harder to make it worthwhile to go camping.  We almost have to bring a uhaul trailer just to pack all the stuff we need while camping, especially for a tent.  With the 6 of us and our huge dog, the truck must've looked like we were either going to the dump OR like we were moving and we didn't even bring any baseball equipment or bikes for the kids to play with...there wasn't enough room.  My in-laws brought their fifth wheel so I spent a lot more time in that with the baby, thankfully.  Tenting can be done for sure, I've done it, but with a larger family it's soooo much work!  I never thought I'd say this but the older I get and the more additions to our family, I'd have to say that it's worth getting a trailer to go camping instead of a tent...before I used to say, camping in a trailer isn't camping; oh how times have changed.  LOL!

How do you feel about it?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Amanda

author of The Crazy Candle Lady 8/5/2010 6:11:03 PM

Oh I have to say I am a hotel person! lol I am not about the woods or bugs or anything like that.  Let the hubby talk me into camping one time and it rained and of course the only hole in the tent was on my side and I got soaked.  Everyone else stayed dry so that lasted one night the rest of the time I made him take me to a hotel.  Oh and we can't forget the peeing in the bucket not so much fun.  Oh well what can I say just not much for the ruffin it.

I am definately a Hotel Camper..alot of our friends laugh at me, but now that I'm older I want a vacation too:)

I have a friend that say's this about camping "Camping is housekeeping in the dirt"  I have to agree..NOPE not for me these days:)

Blessings!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is a community where you can list any family friendly giveaway's. Any giveaway's that are posted that are not family friendly will be deleted. Other topics that can be posted/discussed: trials & tribulations of parenthood, parenting tips, family travel, children...All must be personal postings and not commercial. Any advertisements will be deleted! What will be accepted: Links to articles on personal blogs that you has personally written which discusses family friendly topics, tips, etc. Giveaway's - Please list: 1. Blog or website name of the sponsor for the giveaway: 2. Blog or website URL of the actual giveaway (direct link): 3. Item to be won in the giveaway: 4. How many winners for the giveaway: 5. What date and time the giveaway ends: 6. Who can enter the giveaway: (example, US & Canada, Worldwide, etc) 7. Rules to enter the giveaway: (if they are listed on the giveaway link, specify that here)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS