Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Started by The MOB Society , author of The MOB Society - For Moms of boys, by moms of boys 6/3/2010 1:39:58 PM

Welcome to the MOB Society Community!  So glad you're here to connect with other moms of boys!

Would you please say hi and tell us more about yourself?

Thanks for stopping by - hope you stick around and join the conversation!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24
""

Reply by Rachel

author of the science of music ♫ 6/3/2010 2:02:59 PM

HI!!! My name is Rachel and I'm a mom of 3 boys, ages 9, 6, and 3. I LOVE the idea of this community! It has really been pressed on my heart lately that I need to be more proactive in teaching my boys to be gentlemen in every sense of the word, even at their young ages.

More about me? I have a degree in chemistry, which I used for exactly 18 months over a 3 year time span, before becoming a full-time SAHM. I love baseball, especially the Texas Rangers and whatever teams my sons are on. I play French horn in a community band. I hate clutter but also hate cleaning house. I have a love affair with Diet Coke and iced tea. Which probably explains why I have a hard time going to sleep at night. :) I like to sew. I'm good at starting projects but not as good at finishing them.

That's about all I can think of to say right now, I'm looking forward to "meeting" more MOBS!!!

""

Reply by Brooke

author of Brooke McGlothlin 6/3/2010 2:49:07 PM

Hi ladies!  My name is Brooke McGlothlin and I'm Erin's partner in crime in this M.O.B. Society creation.  I have two little boys and I'm entertaining the idea of a third.  Everyone asks me if I wouldn't like to have a girl.  I just say "nope!" I love being a boy mom!  Can't wait to connect more here with everyone!

""

Reply by Randi

author of S Club 4 6/3/2010 4:35:27 PM

I'm Randi. I'm a SAHM of two boys under 2 (not for long as they turn 3 and 1 in July).

As much as I love little Easter and Christmas dresses, I really love having my boys. I only had sisters growing up so I'm clueless about a lot of things boys. I hope to connect with other moms and gain wisdom and insight as I raise these two to become men.

""

Reply by Carisa

author of 1+1+1=1 6/3/2010 5:11:37 PM

Hi all!  I am a blogging, website running, homeschooling, inner-city missionary momma of 3 kiddos!  The 2 oldest are boys, we've only had a girl in our lives for 1 year!  Man is it ever different!!!

My middle child {age 4}, we call him "Krash" online, is ALL BOY.  He is wild, crazy, and hilarious.  My oldest {age 8} "Pac Man" is more of a strong willed dramatic type ;-).  He is more laid back and never enjoyed pirates, guns, fighting, super heroes at all when he was younger.  Although-his younger brother is slowly pulling him into his crazy boy world {filled with fighting, guns, and everything that makes me say "ahhhhhhh"}

Truthfully I didn't want our 3rd child to be a girl, I wanted all boys!!!  Obviously God has changed my hear and I ADORE my baby girl "Ladybug" and wouldn't trade her for the world!!!

But for now at least, boys simply dominate our house!!! {even the dog and cat are boys!}

:)Carisa

""

Reply by Erin

author of Home With The Boys 6/3/2010 5:29:59 PM

Erin here - co-founder and creator with Brooke!

We have two boys - Big J is 4 and Little J is almost 2!  They are wild, crazy, rambunctious and love their mommy and daddy!  It is always an adventure here, especially since I grew up with only a sister!  The boy world is all new to me!

My fabulous hubby and I have been married for seven years and he just finished his second year of medical school - just to add to the craziness a bit!

I am a former elementary music teacher - 5 years before becoming a SAHM.  I am SO thankful for my teaching experiences before having children - really helps me think of things to do on the fly!

I am co-coordinator of our MOPS group and LOVE LOVE LOVE connecting with other moms! And that's why I'm here as well!

""

Reply by Megan

author of Megan’s Space 6/3/2010 5:32:17 PM

Hey, everyone!  I'm Megan and I'm mama to two boys, ages 7 and 2.  We homeschooled this last year, but that's up in the air for the upcoming school year for our oldest. 

I live in Alabama, but grew up in Pennsylvania and don't miss the snow a bit!  I love reading, traveling, pens and paper and Japanese vending machines.

I'm really looking forward to making some new connections in this community!  I've been inspired by the posts already this week and can't wait for the future!

Megan

Hi I'm Natalie....SAHM to three under three. My son is almost three, and he is the monster in my blog title: Mommy of a Monster (I Mean Toddler) and Infant Twins. He is a handful!! I also have 9 month old twin girls, who are actually a lot easier to deal with than he is most of the time :)

I've been blogging since the beginning of March, so I'm new at all of this and just trying to figure it all out as I go.

Nice meeting you ladies!

""

Reply by Nish

author of the outdoor wife 6/3/2010 5:47:52 PM

Hey everyone! I'm Nish, mama to Rowan who is currently 6 months old, going on 13. 

I currently reside in Merlin, Oregon, just north of Medford... but in the off season, we live in Portland. My husband runs a whitewater rafting company, so his job requires us to move during the summertime.

I'm a contributor to the MOB Society (thanks, Brooke and Erin!) and super excited to be a part of an amazing community of moms who hope to raise their boys up to pour out the love of Christ into others.

""

Reply by Rebecca

6/3/2010 7:16:41 PM

Hi all!!  Soooo glad to find this site!  I was introduced to this site through a new site for mom's of daughters, www.raisinghomemakers.com    I am a stay at home mom of 4, ages 6,5,3,5months.  The oldest three are boys and our littlest is our long awaited daughter.  Growing up with only sisters I find myself at a loss sometimes of what to do with boys, hoping your sight will give me some good insight.  =]  Hoping to raise 3 gentlemen who love and fear the Lord....we're on our way but still have much training and teaching to do. 

""

Reply by Katey

author of Crazy Homeschool Mama 6/3/2010 11:32:44 PM

Hi All!

I am Katey mom to 4....final score boys~3, girls~1  boys are 11, 18, and 19  dd is 13...I didn't do my math well...3 teenagers  accckkk

We homeschool and live in northern Idaho.  LOVE LOVE LOVE being a boy mom...love my DD but thankful there is only 1 :) 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

We are a Christian-based community, focused on reaching the hearts of boys for the Gospel and raising a generation of men to love the Lord. Have fun, but please keep it clean!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS