Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Baking Soda. More Than 1 Use?

Started by Jennifer , author of Double Duty Mommy 8/15/2012 6:00:10 AM

How do you use baking soda in your home? The orange box just sits in the back of your fridge doesn't it? We all use our baking soda in different ways but I'm sure deodorizing your fridge is one of the most used ways. I was reading through my book Household Uses for Baking Soda - over 100 Solutions & Tips and it got me thinking how else I could use baking soda around the home. Of course you can clean with it, make clay out of it, cook with it, but what else?

I am on a mission this month to find a new favorite way to use baking soda in the home. Specifically I want to be able to get my girls involved so some kind of kids activity.

I'll take any tips or ways you personally use Arm and Hammer Baking Soda in your home or with your kids. I already have a couple of ideas so I hope I can do a couple of them before Makenna goes back to school next week.

The maker of ARM & HAMMER® products challenged me to switch to ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda and this summer, they are giving away $12,000 in the ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save Challenge Sweepstakes. To be entered to win one (1) of twelve (12) $1,000 prizes, simply reply to the question below!

Remember to join other ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save conversations for even more chances to win!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46
""

Reply by Amanda

8/15/2012 6:22:35 AM
We use it in the cat litter box to keep down the odors. We also like keeping a box in the fridge and freezer to keep odors at bay there too.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of My Boys and Their Toys 8/15/2012 9:21:07 AM
the fridge

""

Reply by Stephanie

8/15/2012 10:06:43 AM
I use it in a lot of my homemade cleaning supplies. Probably the most is in my homemade toilet bowl cleaner.

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 8/15/2012 10:55:37 AM
I put it in the fridge to keep things from getting that fridge taste!

""

Reply by Julia

8/15/2012 11:45:35 AM
I use it in my homemade stain remover & as a deodorizer in the garbage cans, disposal, fridge, etc.

""

Reply by Abby

8/15/2012 11:56:12 AM
Cleaning just about anything from the stainless steel sink, garbage disposal, diaper pail, stains you name it I keep a big box of this on hand always!

""

Reply by Liz

author of A Nut in a Nutshell 8/15/2012 12:19:16 PM
I use it to freshen the drains every few weeks! It works great!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Sweet "T" Makes Three 8/15/2012 12:54:08 PM
Taking the smell out of sippy cups when milk has been in there too long!

To clean EVERYTHING! I use it so much.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS