1. You always will rip a lens when you are on vacation with no replacement lenses handy AND you forgot to bring your glasses.
2. You will become intimately familiar with the phrase "my lens doesn't feel like it's on the right spot on my eye."
3. You will lose your contact somewhere in your eye socket and then, after groping around on your face for the better part of 30 minutes, discover that it somehow folded itself in half up under your eyelid.
4. There will be days that you just.can't.wait to take your contacts out of your eyes because they're so dry and scratchy.
5. A surefire way to gross out someone who a) is your child or b) has never worn contacts themselves is to put your contacts in while they are watching.
6. Contacts can be like tears: often falling out of your eyes at unexpected moments for no apparent reason.
7. Putting your lenses in the wrong eye can be really trippy.
8. You will know it when you put your contacts lenses in inside out.
9. If you had a nickel for every time you say to your spouse, "something's not right with my contacts," you'd be retired in Fiji.
10. Not all contact lens solutions are created equal.
I've always had difficulty with wearing glasses. I feel like there's a physical and emotional barrier between me and whoever I'm talking to when I wear them. So contacts have always been a blessing.
But they've also been a curse. It's been 20+ years of living with each and every one of those Murphy's laws. My husband is so sick and tired of me and my contact lens issues. And frankly, I am too.
Whether it's ripping a lens, finding gunk all over it or just having the lens never feel right, maintaining eye comfort is one of the most challenging parts of my day. By nighttime, I'm ready to rip them out and never use them again. They're just so dry and uncomfortable. I hate the feeling of having to constantly rub and tug at my eyes to make them feel better.
Admittedly, I don't always use the highest quality lens care products. I try to economize, and I definitely find that when I cheap out on my multi-purpose solution, my discomfort shoots through the roof.
So when Bausch and Lomb asked me to take the <a href="http://www.biotruechallenge.com" target="_blank">BioTrue Challenge</a> - giving their new BioTrue lens care product a whirl instead of what I was using - I jumped on the opportunity. My kingdom for more comfortable eyes!
I'll be checking back in with you in a few weeks to share my experience with BioTrue.
If you're a contact lens wearer, switch out your solution today and see the difference yourself - take the Biotrue Challenge!
Thanks to Bausch + Lomb, one of my readers could be one (1) of ten (10) exclusive winners of a 1-year supply of Biotrue® multi-purpose contact lens solution! Share with us below the changes you're making to be more comfortable at the end of day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bausch + Lomb. The opinions and text are all mine. Bausch + Lomb BlogFrog Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes Rules.