Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Murphy's Laws for Contact Lens Wearers

Started by gigi , author of Kludgy Mom 7/12/2012 5:00:10 AM

1. You always will rip a lens when you are on vacation with no replacement lenses handy AND you forgot to bring your glasses.

2. You will become intimately familiar with the phrase "my lens doesn't feel like it's on the right spot on my eye."

3. You will lose your contact somewhere in your eye socket and then, after groping around on your face for the better part of 30 minutes, discover that it somehow folded itself in half up under your eyelid.

4. There will be days that you just.can't.wait to take your contacts out of your eyes because they're so dry and scratchy.

5. A surefire way to gross out someone who a) is your child or b) has never worn contacts themselves is to put your contacts in while they are watching.

6. Contacts can be like tears: often falling out of your eyes at unexpected moments for no apparent reason.

7. Putting your lenses in the wrong eye can be really trippy.

8. You will know it when you put your contacts lenses in inside out.

9. If you had a nickel for every time you say to your spouse, "something's not right with my contacts," you'd be retired in Fiji.

10. Not all contact lens solutions are created equal.

I've always had difficulty with wearing glasses. I feel like there's a physical and emotional barrier between me and whoever I'm talking to when I wear them. So contacts have always been a blessing.

But they've also been a curse. It's been 20+ years of living with each and every one of those Murphy's laws. My husband is so sick and tired of me and my contact lens issues. And frankly, I am too.

Whether it's ripping a lens, finding gunk all over it or just having the lens never feel right, maintaining eye comfort is one of the most challenging parts of my day. By nighttime, I'm ready to rip them out and never use them again. They're just so dry and uncomfortable. I hate the feeling of having to constantly rub and tug at my eyes to make them feel better.

Admittedly, I don't always use the highest quality lens care products. I try to economize, and I definitely find that when I cheap out on my multi-purpose solution, my discomfort shoots through the roof.

So when Bausch and Lomb asked me to take the <a href="http://www.biotruechallenge.com" target="_blank">BioTrue Challenge</a> - giving their new BioTrue lens care product a whirl instead of what I was using - I jumped on the opportunity. My kingdom for more comfortable eyes!

I'll be checking back in with you in a few weeks to share my experience with BioTrue.

If you're a contact lens wearer, switch out your solution today and see the difference yourself - take the Biotrue Challenge!

Thanks to Bausch + Lomb, one of my readers could be one (1) of ten (10) exclusive winners of a 1-year supply of Biotrue® multi-purpose contact lens solution! Share with us below the changes you're making to be more comfortable at the end of day!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bausch + Lomb. The opinions and text are all mine. Bausch + Lomb BlogFrog Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Jennifer P. Williams - 7/12/2012 11:27:41 AM
I wore contacts from about 8th grade until I was in my early 30s when I finally got lasik. Best thing ever. By the time I gave them up my eyes were so dry all the time I could no longer wear them and had to use glasses. Seeing that I was pretty close to legally blind that wasn't a comfortable alternative either.

""

Reply by Deborah Cruz "TruthfulMommy"

author of The TRUTH About Motherhood | 7/12/2012 2:36:28 PM
THe change I am making is to not do anything the last hour I spend awake each day. Instead, I am trying to spend it talking to my husband and I'm also trying to do the same thing the first hour of my day, if my girls are awake I spend it with them talking. If not, all bets are off and I can write:)LOL

Funny I should read this when my left (always my LEFT) contact lens is bugging me, yet again. Not sure why it's always only the one lens but I sense it has something to do with dry eye (or the approaching "senior citizenhood").

I have worn contacts since I was 16 and haven't had a problem until the last few years when my allergies seem to have gotten worse. I refuse to have Lasik done because that will mean I will forever be tied to reading glasses (unless I do monovision, which isn't a very good option for me).

I'll keep an eye on your progress!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Play nice in the sandbox. You know what that means.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS