Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Simple Changes, Big Results.

Started by gigi , author of Kludgy Mom 2/14/2012 5:00:10 AM

At the start of the year, I shared with you all that my word for 2012 was fearlessness. I've determined to go boldly into 2012 with a renewed sense of purpose and balance.

One of the things that went off-kilter in 2011 was my health. I didn't get sick or have any major medical issues, thank God. But by overcommitting myself and trying to do too many things every day, there was little time left to focus on doing right by my body - physically, mentally and spiritually. I ate poorly, I didn't spend time reflecting on my well-being, and I didn't exercise.

I'm back on track with healthy eating so far. I'm cooking from scratch a lot more; my house usually bursting at the seams with the smell of freshly baked bread or roasting vegetables. I'm doing guided meditation several nights a week before bed.

But that whole exercise thing? Yeah, I'm still coming up a little short in that department. There truly is no time to get to a gym, so I have to get creative with how to sneak in fitness where I can.

That's why joining up with the Quaker Heart Health Challenge was appealing for me. It's a fantastic initiative that drives home the importance of a healthy heart to inspire women to make exercise a part of their heart healthy lifestyle. Women who participate in the Quaker Heart Health Challenge must commit to trying 15 fitness activities over the course of 30 days - a great kick in the pants for me. I work best under pressure!

I'm committing to doing a handful of short activities for the next 30 days:

1. Walk my kids to and from school every day.

2. Walk the dog 3 times per week.

3. Do 25 squats while I wait for my tea to brew.

4. Do 25 situps when I get out of bed, and 25 more before I get back in at night.

5. Engage my kids in a fun family fitness activity every Saturday, such as tennis or bike riding.

Anyone can join the Quaker Heart Health Challenge. Want to join me?

Joining the Quaker Heart Health Challenge is my first step towards becoming a healthier me. Now I’m curious to know, what motivates you to stay healthy?

For your chance to win $750 complete these two steps:

1.Share the Challenge with your friends
2.Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to join the Challenge AND share what motivates you to stay healthy below

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker Oats Company. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Jacki

author of Dare 2 Dream, Dare 2 Do 2/14/2012 8:51:47 AM
I am motivated to stay healthy so I can actually participate in the soccer practices that I coach :).

""

Reply by Renee

2/14/2012 1:25:13 PM
You've hit the nail on the head Gigi. I sooooo need to get exercising. But with this miserably cold weather, it's hard to motivate. I need to make the most of those little moments - like you are. Like when my buckwheat heat sac is warming up in the microwave! What's my motivation? My son's bar mitzvah is in 4 months - and the countdown is on. I need to look (and feel) fabulous. I'm in.

Exercise? (moan). Do I have to? I know what the answer is already. I do! And I have to start eating better. Soooo hard when my family is vegetably-challenged. This sounds like a great plan and wow! Who can't use $750?

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Play nice in the sandbox. You know what that means.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS