Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Is it easy or challenging for your children to make new friends?

Started by JDaniel4's Mom , author of JDaniel4's Mom 8/8/2012 6:01:49 AM

After years of hanging out with the same children, JDaniel had to find and make new friends this summer.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12
""

Reply by Texasholly

author of june cleaver nirvana 8/8/2012 9:45:35 AM

All my kids are slow to warm up to a new friend, but they keep the ones they have forever!  I love seeing them play with new people.

""

Reply by Anne @GreenEggs&Moms

author of Green Eggs & Moms - Parenting Tips, News & Views 8/9/2012 4:29:46 AM

My son's fairly young but I think he's comfortable around other kids and doesn't seem like he will have problems when he goes to big school.

I think my daughter will find it easy, at least I hope so.  She is much more social than I ever was. 

Right now we are having trouble finding any boys near our son's age for him to play with.  He is a lot more reserved around people he doesn't know, and he won't go to the library story time or other groups where he might meet someone. 

""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 8/11/2012 8:40:47 AM
@ OneMommy -It is hard when they are so shy.

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 8/13/2012 7:24:14 AM

B is shy and has had the same best friends growing up. He starts kinder this year so I'm hoping that he will be able to make some new friends easily.

""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 8/13/2012 8:28:01 AM

I do too. JDaniel is only going three days and his friends are going five. He will be with brand new people this year.

Nicole's profile picture
Nicole said ...
B is shy and has had the same best friends growing up. He starts kinder this year so I'm hoping that he will be able to make some new friends easily.

""

Reply by Rachel

author of Tarot by Rachel 8/13/2012 9:17:02 AM

Compared to adults, I think children tend to have an easier time making friends.  They've yet to attach value to time and energy spent, and trust is usually based on who is nice and who isn't.   If only we adults could see life through the eyes of children! 

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 8/15/2012 10:44:11 AM

Oh goodness- she does but it gives me a heart attack. She always picks big kids to try and be friends with! I wrote about my "Oh no! She's trying to make a new friend panic attacks" recently, actually! :)

""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 8/15/2012 4:39:15 PM

JDaniel has a friend that does this too.

Shannon's profile picture
Shannon said ...
Oh goodness- she does but it gives me a heart attack. She always picks big kids to try and be friends with! I wrote about my "Oh no! She's trying to make a new friend panic attacks" recently, actually! :)

""

Reply by Yadira

author of El Club de las Diosas 8/16/2012 12:49:40 PM

There are days that are better than others. But overall, I am very lucky with my boy.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS