Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Where do you get School Supplies?

Started by Lisa @ Two Bears Farm , author of Two Bears Farm and the Three Cubs 7/30/2012 2:02:17 PM

I can't believe all the school supplies I have to get!  Between my almost 3 yr old twins and my 5 year old SIXTEEN glue sticks (not to mention all the other stuff).  Where do you find the best deals?  We got a lot of stuff at the Dollar Store, and then some of the more specific stuff (like the twins needed fat glue sticks, and Pierce needed Fiskar brand scissors) at Walmart.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7
""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 7/30/2012 4:00:16 PM

We end up at Walmart with other stores fliers to price match.

I haven't gotten JDaniel's list yet. Last year it was mostly cleaning supplies and fat glue sticks.

""

Reply by Cheryl

author of My Site 7/30/2012 8:37:37 PM

Usually at Walmart, but the school offered School Box Kits this year and I figured I would try it out. The 3rd grade box cost me $25 and it's supposed to have all the supplies they need for the year.

Good idea to bring the fliers and get it all at one place!  I hate driving to different spots for the best deals... I've got to remember that one!

JDaniel4's Mom's profile picture
JDaniel4's Mom said ...
We end up at Walmart with other stores fliers to price match.

I haven't gotten JDaniel's list yet. Last year it was mostly cleaning supplies and fat glue sticks.

""

Reply by Anjanette "Momma" Young

author of Momma Young at Home 7/31/2012 8:43:14 AM

Oh it is a lot isn't it.  Three of my kids are in school right now, ages 16 to 8.  I watch the fliers and hit all the loss leaders on the flyer.  If I start early we can get a good stash.

""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 8/3/2012 5:47:33 AM

I thin k the key is to start early.

MommaYoung's profile picture
MommaYoung said ...
Oh it is a lot isn't it.  Three of my kids are in school right now, ages 16 to 8.  I watch the fliers and hit all the loss leaders on the flyer.  If I start early we can get a good stash.

""

Reply by May

8/13/2012 7:07:08 AM
I had to be one city over last week for an appointment so we hit up the zellers there, its clising so everytgung was 40-60% off but then i used scp to get things free or at a further discount! Anything i could get there I checked fliers. I refuse to shop at walmart (personal reasons!), so when i didnt see any other good deals (we got like 90% of the stuff on clearance at Zellers anyways), i hit up the local dollarama! My daughter is set for school supplies, although still needs some jeggings, fall boots, indoor and outdoor running shoes & a new backpack! I got the rest of her clithes, lunch bag & new lunch, snack & drink containers already! I even got her a brand new gap snowsuit for $7.50!

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 8/13/2012 7:18:04 AM

I bought ours at our local grocery store (HEB) and his backpack from Target. 

Great idea to price match with the ads at Walmart! 

It sure does add up! I heard on the news that it is on avg $80 per child for school supplies.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS