Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

How do YOU get more traffic to your site?

Started by Nicole , author of The Activity Mom 7/5/2012 7:36:32 AM

What are you doing right now to get more traffic to your site? 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16
""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 7/6/2012 3:03:12 PM

I am trying to do more with Facebook, trying to use Google Adwords for my post titles, and guest posting.

""

Reply by Anne @GreenEggs&Moms

author of Green Eggs & Moms - Parenting Tips, News & Views 7/11/2012 6:14:15 AM

Go to where you target audience is... if they're in a particular facebook group or online community, frequent those places. Answer any questions they have to get more exposure and occasionally link to your posts (if it answers a question of theirs).

This is why guest posting on bigger sites with a lot of audience is a great way to get exposure. But do remember to guest post on sites that cater to your target market.

""

Reply by PragmaticMom

author of Pragmatic Mom 7/11/2012 8:05:58 AM
Google Adwords in post titles and in permalinks has helped me a lot. I also try to interact more on Twitter and guest post more often. And make my content the best I can on a consistant basis.

I need to start using Google Adwords a lot more often... Too often I am just trying to get the post finished and up and don't take the time.

JDaniel4's Mom's profile picture
JDaniel4's Mom said ...
I am trying to do more with Facebook, trying to use Google Adwords for my post titles, and guest posting.

""

Reply by Susie

author of Earning My Cape 7/12/2012 10:48:51 PM

I have started doing link parties and I visit and comment on other blogs as often as I can.

I think I need to look up this Google Adwords. :-)

I also like to try to help promote other sites on my blog. 
I have a Link Party Link-up that others can link their party to,
I am co-hosting a group giveaway event,  and I am starting a thing where I feature a mom every Friday, called Searching for Super-Mom.

""

Reply by Sarah

author of It's a Boy's Life 7/17/2012 10:18:10 PM

I am trying to be more active in general. Using social media more, getting myself out there and talking, more blog hops. I used to comment all the time, but tend to forget when I read in my reader...so I am trying to comment on what I read now.

Leaving comments has helped me get more traffic in the past.  I've been trying to link up my posts to more places lately, too.

Sarah's profile picture
Sarah said ...
I am trying to be more active in general. Using social media more, getting myself out there and talking, more blog hops. I used to comment all the time, but tend to forget when I read in my reader...so I am trying to comment on what I read now.

""

Reply by Candice

author of Lilly through the valley 8/3/2012 3:31:16 PM

I am so bad at this. It's something that I am working on. Thanks for the ideas..

""

Reply by Peanutlayne

author of Life on Peanut Layne 8/6/2012 9:04:12 PM

I've been slacking on this lately.  I had some busy work to do to my blog and that took up a lot more time than I realized.  I've never really had a lot of luck with Facebook.   I need to start commenting on other blogs more.  I've been bad about that lately. 

""

Reply by Texasholly

author of june cleaver nirvana 8/8/2012 9:46:40 AM

Commenting on other blogs is so effective, yet it is the first thing that gets cut from my schedule when things get busy...ugh!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS