Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

DAY 1 - "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" Challenge: WRITE AN ELEVATOR PITCH!

Started by Shannon , author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 9:23:57 PM

Welcome to the Mom Loop #31DBBB Challenge!

In case you are new to this concept, a quick explanation of what we are doing can be found here. If you still need to buy the book we are basing the challenges on by Darren Rowse - you can use the discount code: Business2Blogger for 25% off! The book will explain the days tasks in detail!

DAY 1 - Write an Elevator Pitch!

Darren Rowse of ProBlogger tells us "One of the most important reasons to do this exercise is that to develop an elevator pitch, YOU as a blogger need to have thought through and crystallized in your mind what your blog is about."

I found that this was a surprisingly difficult challenge for me! Because when I wrote perspective "pitches" on paper they looked good. But when I tried to say them out loud they sounded artificial!

In the end I made my "short pitch" something very simple and succinct.

My Pitch:

"MilkandCuddles.com is a blog that shares inspiring resources for making a home and being a parent creatively!"

How did you find the challenge on Day 1 of our #31DBBB?

I'd love feedback on my Elevator Pitch! if you would too, share yours below!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 41 - 50 of 117
""

Reply by Deb

author of LivingMontessoriNow.com 10/2/2011 1:27:38 AM

Thanks, Nicole! I like your pitches, too! smiley

Nicole's profile picture
Nicole said ...
I like your long and short pitches

""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 10/2/2011 6:54:58 AM

I just love what Darren said about trying to think about what type of reader you are trying to convince to read your blog. 

Sally's profile picture
Sally said ...
My new blogger mantra ...revise revise revise

Do you guys think that the type of reader changes the length and style of your pitch??  How does that change yours??

""

Reply by Laurie

author of NonsensAbility 10/2/2011 8:00:04 AM

I know that the whole "elevator pitch" assignment made me think and refine about not only who I'm writing for, but defining and refining my niche.  I think it was a great way to start. 

Quirky Momma's profile picture
Quirky Momma said ...
I just love what Darren said about trying to think about what type of reader you are trying to convince to read your blog. 

""

Reply by Jamie

author of hands on : as we grow 10/2/2011 8:25:36 AM

Debbie - You can 'quote' someone by hovering over their paragraph with your mouse - there should be a quotation that pops up on the right. Click that - and it'll show up in your reply box.

Debbie's profile picture
Debbie said ...
I don't know how we "answer/respond" to someone else in the discussion. Tutorial please.

""

Reply by simply heidi

author of Frantically Simple 10/2/2011 10:25:29 AM

Okay, I think I've got it!  How'd I do?

Frantically Simple is where I blog about real food, homeschooling, parenting and my attempts to live a life of purpose, even when it takes a hilarious amount of effort. 

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 10/2/2011 11:43:45 AM

Sally you crack me up! Are you reading the book too? In the book Darren actually says he has TWO elevator speeches. One is super short- the other a bit more in depth!

Maybe you can use your elevator powered by space shuttles- for your short one;)

Sally's profile picture
Sally said ...
Unless my elevator is powered by space shuttle engines I need to make mine a lot longer..

""

Reply by JDaniel4's Mom

author of JDaniel4's Mom 10/2/2011 12:18:51 PM
I am a day late, but my pitch is:

My blog is about growing by learning, laughing, listening and living along side my son.

I love everyone's pitches!  Sorry I took a day off the computer yesterday for family time... And now I have to really think - Right now my header on the blog has the title "There's Just One Mommy" followed by "because sometimes you're just outnumbered".  But that really doesn't tell you what's there - got to think about this one!   

""

Reply by Alaina

author of The Maestro Mom 10/2/2011 2:57:13 PM

A day late but here it is

"The Maestro Mom shares my crazy but wonderful life. Wife, mother of 4, homeschooler, working from home and blogging in perfect harmony"

""

Reply by Ebone

author of Mommy Chat 10/2/2011 3:09:03 PM

My blog is Six in the Nutt House.  My tag line is ..... A house full of Nutts trying to survive each other.  This fits us because our last name is Nutt and we are all different individuals with different personalities.  It's like the reality show Real World Nutt style with children and no bars!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS