Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

DAY 1 - "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" Challenge: WRITE AN ELEVATOR PITCH!

Started by Shannon , author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 9:23:57 PM

Welcome to the Mom Loop #31DBBB Challenge!

In case you are new to this concept, a quick explanation of what we are doing can be found here. If you still need to buy the book we are basing the challenges on by Darren Rowse - you can use the discount code: Business2Blogger for 25% off! The book will explain the days tasks in detail!

DAY 1 - Write an Elevator Pitch!

Darren Rowse of ProBlogger tells us "One of the most important reasons to do this exercise is that to develop an elevator pitch, YOU as a blogger need to have thought through and crystallized in your mind what your blog is about."

I found that this was a surprisingly difficult challenge for me! Because when I wrote perspective "pitches" on paper they looked good. But when I tried to say them out loud they sounded artificial!

In the end I made my "short pitch" something very simple and succinct.

My Pitch:

"MilkandCuddles.com is a blog that shares inspiring resources for making a home and being a parent creatively!"

How did you find the challenge on Day 1 of our #31DBBB?

I'd love feedback on my Elevator Pitch! if you would too, share yours below!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 111 - 117 of 117
""

Reply by Cathi

author of Loving the Family Life 10/19/2011 12:03:49 AM

wow-u have really pretty eyes...and a good elevator pitch:)

""

Reply by Cathi

author of Loving the Family Life 10/19/2011 12:10:11 AM

"Loving the Family Life is a fun place where I share my ideas about family and parenting combined with coupons, deals and giveaways"

Any thoughts or suggestions??

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 10/22/2011 9:11:42 PM

LOL. Thanks Cathi you made my day!

Cathi's profile picture
Cathi said ...
wow-u have really pretty eyes...and a good elevator pitch:)

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 10/22/2011 9:13:35 PM

I like it Cathi! I'd maybe try to add some humor to it or perhaps expand on what your "ideas about family" are - in order to peak readers interest? But really great!

Cathi's profile picture
Cathi said ...
"Loving the Family Life is a fun place where I share my ideas about family and parenting combined with coupons, deals and giveaways"

""

Reply by Heidi

author of Home | Torah Family Living 6/7/2012 4:18:01 AM
Hey therethose debt collectors called me off the hook I thought this would intrigue you I refused to keep living that way!http://iheartjennifer.net/breakingnews/13GeoffreyThomas/ now im on top of my gamejust think of all the possibilities...c ya...

""

Reply by Cathy

author of A Country-ish Mom To 5 6/7/2012 2:25:55 PM

This is a great idea!  I've thought so many times "What is my blog going to be about???"  and then decided I'd just write.  After writing several posts it was easier to see what I was about :) 

ACountryishMom reassures all moms that we're not in this alone while tacking issues we ALL encounter with passion, compassion, and a whole bunch of humor!

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 6/19/2012 3:14:45 PM

I really like that Cathy! Great job!

Cathy's profile picture
Cathy said ...
ACountryishMom reassures all moms that we're not in this alone while tacking issues we ALL encounter with passion, compassion, and a whole bunch of humor!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS