Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

DAY 1 - "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" Challenge: WRITE AN ELEVATOR PITCH!

Started by Shannon , author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 9:23:57 PM

Welcome to the Mom Loop #31DBBB Challenge!

In case you are new to this concept, a quick explanation of what we are doing can be found here. If you still need to buy the book we are basing the challenges on by Darren Rowse - you can use the discount code: Business2Blogger for 25% off! The book will explain the days tasks in detail!

DAY 1 - Write an Elevator Pitch!

Darren Rowse of ProBlogger tells us "One of the most important reasons to do this exercise is that to develop an elevator pitch, YOU as a blogger need to have thought through and crystallized in your mind what your blog is about."

I found that this was a surprisingly difficult challenge for me! Because when I wrote perspective "pitches" on paper they looked good. But when I tried to say them out loud they sounded artificial!

In the end I made my "short pitch" something very simple and succinct.

My Pitch:

"MilkandCuddles.com is a blog that shares inspiring resources for making a home and being a parent creatively!"

How did you find the challenge on Day 1 of our #31DBBB?

I'd love feedback on my Elevator Pitch! if you would too, share yours below!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 11 - 20 of 117
""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 10/1/2011 7:10:46 AM

maybe I need to too!

Sally's profile picture
Sally said ...
Unless my elevator is powered by space shuttle engines I need to make mine a lot longer..

""

Reply by Jamie

author of hands on : as we grow 10/1/2011 7:18:40 AM

My tagline/elevator pitch as been: 

"Enjoying the journey of becoming a hands on mom to my two boys through activities, art, and crafts."

I'm not sure if I should be more specific than that. I like to focus on that fact that I have energetic boys and activities that suit them. Any advice on how to include that? And that I focus on play/process rather than the outcome?

""

Reply by Jamie

author of hands on : as we grow 10/1/2011 7:27:13 AM

After reading Darren's pitches, I"m going to try rewording mine...

how about:

"hands on : as we grow encourages parents to become more hands on and involved with their children."

or more specifically:

"hands on : as we grow encourages parents to become more hands on and involved with their children through activities, art, and crafts."

and sneaking in the energetic boys:

"hands on : as we grow encourages parents to become more hands on and involved with their children, especially energetic boys, through activities, art, and crafts."

Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness] is about sharing my passion for running, clean eating and overall health and fitness.

A few months ago I narrowed the focus of my blog to my passion and what makes me the happiest, health and fitness. Now I'm deciding if I should keep the original name of my blog, "Life...As I See It" or keep that along with [Fitness, Health and Happiness]? 

Any opinions or suggestions? 

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 10/1/2011 8:55:32 AM

I like your long and short pitches

Deb's profile picture
Deb said ...
Join me at Living Montessori Now for educational activities, Montessori techniques, homeschooling tips and experience, parenting information, and encouragement!

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 10/1/2011 8:55:46 AM

love that! Very relatable

Heather's profile picture
Heather said ...
BubbaMack is a place where I try to help bloggers blog better and reach out to other moms who can assure me that I'm not the only one...

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 10/1/2011 8:57:13 AM

mine is The Activity Mom - Sharing ideas and activities that make learning fun. 

I really had to work on a longer one and all I've come up with is...

Sharing simple activities that make learning fun, ages birth-6 years old. 

""

Reply by Sally

author of Sally's Buttons & Widgets 10/1/2011 9:33:43 AM

Ok . I think I have it If I talk REAL slow.

Sally’s Buttons and widgets

Money saving advice from couponing to places to go in my home town area of Tampa bay Florida. I want to share with my readers hints and tips on getting through these hard times, along with stories of my daughter’s and my adventures of living with two males on the Autistic spectrum. With a teenage son/brother and a husband/father both living life on the Autistic Spectrum, we can honestly say there is never a dull moment in our world.

""

Reply by hoLLy

author of mysKoop 10/1/2011 9:48:29 AM

This is long(but oh well I'm a wordy gal!)

"We as moms are always looking for something to keep our kids busy and entertained. But most of all we want to provide fun and lasting beautiful memories for our families. Thats where myskoop.com saves the day! mysKoop is your source for all things family, all things fun! It is a place where I share ideas for family fun no matter where you are: whether its at home, in the car, at a grocery store, park, restaurant, whevever!  I hope to help every parent out there find joy in the journey of parenthood."

""

Reply by hoLLy

author of mysKoop 10/1/2011 9:49:36 AM

p.s. cute video shannon and great pitch!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS