Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

DAY 1 - "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" Challenge: WRITE AN ELEVATOR PITCH!

Started by Shannon , author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 9:23:57 PM

Welcome to the Mom Loop #31DBBB Challenge!

In case you are new to this concept, a quick explanation of what we are doing can be found here. If you still need to buy the book we are basing the challenges on by Darren Rowse - you can use the discount code: Business2Blogger for 25% off! The book will explain the days tasks in detail!

DAY 1 - Write an Elevator Pitch!

Darren Rowse of ProBlogger tells us "One of the most important reasons to do this exercise is that to develop an elevator pitch, YOU as a blogger need to have thought through and crystallized in your mind what your blog is about."

I found that this was a surprisingly difficult challenge for me! Because when I wrote perspective "pitches" on paper they looked good. But when I tried to say them out loud they sounded artificial!

In the end I made my "short pitch" something very simple and succinct.

My Pitch:

"MilkandCuddles.com is a blog that shares inspiring resources for making a home and being a parent creatively!"

How did you find the challenge on Day 1 of our #31DBBB?

I'd love feedback on my Elevator Pitch! if you would too, share yours below!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 117
""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 9/30/2011 9:41:00 PM

Haha... Love the video Shan!  Gotta ask though, is that your bathroom?  haha. 

You have a terrific "pitch line" - I love how it describes you and your blog!

me... hmmm... Right now our title is ---> 

Quirky Momma: Kids Activities Blog.

I think that fits us rather nicely :)

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 9:45:09 PM

Ummm, you KNOW it is! HAHA totally my bathroom! I was trying to be quiet because it was pumpkins nap time! And if you look over my shoulder you can see the baby monitor.

Such is my life;)

Love how your blog is so easily describable Quirky!

Quirky Momma's profile picture
Quirky Momma said ...
Haha... Love the video Shan!  Gotta ask though, is that your bathroom?  haha. 

""

Reply by Beth Anne

author of The Catholic Couponer 9/30/2011 10:00:28 PM

My Pitch:

My Blog "The Catholic Couponer" is about my adventures of being catholic and being a couponer. I bring my readers a little bit of catholic and a little bit of couponing each week.

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 9/30/2011 10:25:02 PM

What a neat mix of subjects Beth Anne! And also a super niche inside a niche! :)

Beth Anne's profile picture
Beth Anne said ...
My Blog "The Catholic Couponer" is about my adventures of being catholic and being a couponer. I bring my readers a little bit of catholic and a little bit of couponing each week.

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 9/30/2011 11:11:03 PM

I'd have to go with my tag line:

Happy, sad, goofy, scary, but mostly FUNNY stories!

""

Reply by Amber

author of Thrifty Ninja 9/30/2011 11:24:53 PM

My blog, "Thrifty Ninja" is about making every dollar count.  I offer good deals, savings tips, easy crafts and delicious recipes along with some amazing reviews and giveaways!  

""

Reply by Beth Anne

author of The Catholic Couponer 9/30/2011 11:33:45 PM

@Shannon Thanks! That is what everyone tells me! So I'm thinking I picked a good title/blog name. 

""

Reply by Deb

author of LivingMontessoriNow.com 10/1/2011 2:29:16 AM

Great elevator pitches!

I've revised my taglines more than once since I started blogging a year and a half ago.

I didn't change Living Montessori Now.

It's still Living Montessori Now: Information and Inspiration for Parents and Teachers.

When I want to say something longer, I say:

Join me at Living Montessori Now for educational activities, Montessori techniques, homeschooling tips and experience, parenting information, and encouragement!

for Raising Figure Skaters, I used to have Raising Figure Skaters: Encouragement for Parents and Athletes and Motivation for Life. That bothered me because it's a bit clunky, and I really don't write just for families of athletes.

I just changed it to Raising Figure Skaters: Motivation for Life.

When I want to say something longer, I'll say something like:

Join me at Raising Figure Skaters for word-art freebies, inspirational quotes, encouragement for everyone, ways to make a difference, and posts on gratitude and raising kids with character ...  motivation for life!

It really helps to keep going through this! smiley

My tagline is Ramblings and rants of an over-caffeinated mom.  While that is still fitting, I think my elevator pitch would be something like:

BubbaMack is a place where I try to help bloggers blog better and reach out to other moms who can assure me that I'm not the only one...

And this is what happens when mama lacks focus on her blog!

""

Reply by Sally

author of Sally's Buttons & Widgets 10/1/2011 3:36:05 AM

Unless my elevator is powered by space shuttle engines I need to make mine a lot longer..

My new blogger mantra ...revise revise revise

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS