Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Household hints

Started by Alicia , author of I am wicked cheap! 7/12/2010 7:51:09 PM

Hey everyone--

I run a blog called 'I am wicked cheap!' and I want to start a series of posts related to household hints and weird uses for ordinary things (for example:  today I made weed killer out of vinegar - this would be filed under 'The Wicked Cheap Gardener'.

I also have ideas for 'The Wicked Cheap Maid' (cleaning tips), 'The Wicked Cheap Handyman' (fixing things around the house), 'The Wicked Cheap Doctor' (home remedies).....you get the picture.

Anyway, I am writing to see if anyone has any tips/hints to share with me.  I'll take anything you've got!

Thanks!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by April

author of Pinkie and The Bean 7/13/2010 9:29:09 AM

I recently found a tip in Home Depot that I never would have put together myself. Granted I haven't used it yet so I can't say "yes, it works" or "no, it's useless".  But I did buy some to try when there is a next time and I know there will be a next time...

Anyways, I read on a package of WD-40 that you can use it to remove crayon marks from walls. 

Now, like I said I haven't tried this yet, and hey, this may even been common knowledge to everyone else in the world.  Until this little girl of mine came along, it didn't cross my mind that a child would look at a wall and say "that's a good place for my crayon to go".  LOL

""

Reply by Alicia

author of I am wicked cheap! 7/26/2010 9:49:32 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please don't be rude or use profanity! That's all.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS