Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Should I go TriCare Prime Or Standard?

Started by Blessing , author of Safe Home Happy Mom 6/11/2010 12:32:04 PM

Alright everyone,

I am a new military spouse, Army to be specific. I just got my Military ID and I am stoked!!! I have a daughter, 15 months, and my husband is currently at Ft. Jackson for Basic Training and then he is off to Ft. Benning for Officer Candidate School afterwards.

At DEERS, I was told to call Tricare, and tell them if I want Standard or Prime. I am not sure which way to go. Please help.

Blessing,

Musings Of An Army Wife

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Bella_Farfalla

author of one Guy in a house of Girls 6/11/2010 1:21:47 PM

I have never been on standard. My dad was in the Army and I'm not married to Navy. I have always been on Prime. The big difference that I know is that on Prime you don't have co-pays but you can pick who you want to see. I go to a MTF (military treatment facility) because I have only had issues when I had to see a civilian doctor. I always recommend Prime because I have had a good experience with it.

""

Reply by Sherry

author of Lamp Unto My Feet 6/12/2010 6:10:23 AM

I have always been on Prime and had no problems.  I've had many a doctor appt off base and had no issues at all. :D

I have heard a lot of people say that they chose standard because it was easier for them to see a physician of their choice but they did have to pay a portion also. I have been on prime along with both my girls and have never had an issue choosing a doctor and any time I ever asked for something that someone told me no I simply go to patient advocate and get it anyway.  Prime in my opinion is the best and easiest and if you ever think you might go overseas I would highly reccommend it then.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS