Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Military Spouse Blogging Community

Started by Ann Marie , author of Household 6 Diva : Army Wife, Busy Mom, Balance Seeker 6/3/2010 11:25:12 PM

What do you think of the new Military Spouse Blogging Community?

Do you enjoy making connections with Military Spouses?

Are you a Military Spouse yourself? 

Share some thoughts!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30
""

Reply by Bella_Farfalla

author of one Guy in a house of Girls 6/4/2010 1:50:14 AM

I am a military spouse. My husband is in the Navy. I love connecting with other spouses. It's great talking or reading about other people's experiences with different branches of the military and what their lives are like.

""

Reply by Maranda

author of My Camo Colored Life 6/4/2010 9:32:46 PM

I am a military spouse. The Hubble is in the Army. I grew up in the Army so it's all I know. I just recently found the military spouse blogging community and am working to set up my military spouse blog. Right now all I have is a cooking blog, but I don't think that counts. :-) If you are interested in seeing that one it is at  http://mannadonn.blogspot.com

I'm excited to become part of this new community. I had no idea there were things like this out there! Thanks for opening my eyes to what I've been missing!

""

Reply by Amanda

author of calm crazy 6/5/2010 4:14:21 AM

Ann-Marie, this is a fabulous idea!  I love it!  :) 

Like Maranda, I grew up in the military (Air Force, though!).  My dad joined when I was 2 so I never knew anything else.  I joined right out of high school.  Married my husband.  Had a couple of kids.  Got out.  Had a couple more kids.  lol  He's still in and going for 20 years (at least).  I have no idea what it's going to be like on the "outside."  It's a scary thought!

I love reading blogs written by other military spouses.  It makes me feel not so alone!

""

Reply by trooppetrie

author of Troop Petrie 6/5/2010 11:39:26 AM

so excited, I love reading other military wives blogs. thanks for setting this up

I'm thrilled all of you are enjoying things so far! 

I have to admit - it's a little crazy keeping up with all the new links!

""

Reply by Amanda

author of calm crazy 6/8/2010 8:16:33 AM

Ann Marie-

Is it going to be possible to mark the "new" blogs in some way?  I mean, obviously they are all new right now but in a month or two when a new blog gets on the list will you be able to put a star or something for awhile?  Or is that going to add way too much work for you?  I'm just curious.

I have no idea how you've managed to stay on top of all these.  I just finished going through the Air Force blogs and it took me most of nap time.  lol  I'm hitting up Army tomorrow.  :)

Ooooo!! That's a great idea!  Maybe once the rush is over??? I seem to be adding more each time I sit down to the computer! :)

Curious what ya'll think  -- Input needed please -- There are a few bloggers who have left their description in the comments, but haven't posted a button linking their readers back to the community page. 

Up until this point, I have simply not provided a link to their blog.

Should I delete those comments after a certain period of time?

""

Reply by Amanda

author of calm crazy 6/9/2010 12:46:30 AM

Most people will probably use the link page but I don't think there's anything wrong with deleting the comments.  I would probably do it.

Ok I know I am special and it takes me a bit longer to catch on to all this stuff but what do you mean link back to here?  Was it me? It probably was since I am still a little clueless about all this stuff but I swear if I did it I didn't mean to!!!  Promise, double dog, pinky swear I didn't!!

Let me know if I need to do something that I didn't and I will fix it ASAP!!

Susan you are so cute!!   You did everything right - don't worry! :)

I was talking about bloggers who left a comment, and want to be placed on the list, but did not post a button. 

It's kinda like saying "Yeah send me some nice people, but I'm not sending my readers back to share"

And no worries - I plan to blog about it (explain everything) so all the newbies will have a heads up on what I mean! :) 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS