Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent Challenge

Started by Stephanie , author of Somewhat Simple 7/18/2012 6:00:10 AM

Anyone who knows me personally knows that I hate laundry. Like, "hate" isn't even a strong enough word for how I feel about it.

I don't mind washing and drying it, but folding and putting it away has always been my nemesis. And it has only become more of a problem over the years- as my family grows, so does my laundry pile.

I should probably do laundry every day, or every other day. But because I hate it so much, I put it off. And I put it off until the pile of clean clothes is literally out of control. And then it takes me 6 hours in one afternoon to get it done, and I hate those afternoons. Which makes me mad at my laundry pile and I hate it even more.

And thus the hatred cycle continues...

One laundry-related thing I hate almost as much as folding it is this:

Dingy socks.

These are washed, but they look dirty. They are white, but they look gray. They are stained and dingy and I would love them to look new again!

Which is where these little fun, squishy packets of detergent come in:

I've been challenged to switch my usual brand of detergent to this single-use ARM & HAMMER Crystal Burst Power Pak, which contains unique deep-cleaning micro crystals, removes tough stains, and brightens and whitens with no measuring required.

I will be looking for 2 things during this challenge:

1. How it makes my clothes smell. I LOVE my current laundry detergent- it is the same one my mom used when I was growing up and I've never put it to the challenge, I just assume it works best. It also smells great, and I love good-smelling clothes.

2. How it brightens my whites. Most of our socks, underwear, towels and our master bedroom sheets are white. My husband and my boys also wears white shirts to church and my kids have white uniform shirts for school that can use a boost of whiteness.

This little squishy packet of detergent is about to be put to the test on my laundry. And if I can find a good-smelling detergent that also brightens my whites, I'll switch! I promise!!!

The maker of ARM & HAMMER® products are giving away $12,000 in the ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save Challenge Sweepstakes. To be entered to win one (1) of twelve (12) $1,000 prizes, simply reply to the question below!

Remember to join other ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save conversations for even more chances to win!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19
""

Reply by megan

7/18/2012 10:38:24 AM
I hate with a passion armpit stains. Ewww. - Megan

""

Reply by Micela

7/18/2012 11:36:07 AM
Marker/pen stains!

""

Reply by Prairie

7/18/2012 1:21:00 PM
The stains on my son's baseball uniform... grass, red clay, dirt, artificial turf beads...

""

Reply by Prairie

7/18/2012 1:21:06 PM
The stains on my son's baseball uniform... grass, red clay, dirt, artificial turf beads...

""

Reply by Sarah

7/18/2012 1:21:52 PM
Chocolate milk! Gah! That stuff really sticks around!

""

Reply by Amanda

7/18/2012 1:46:02 PM
Grease stains!! It never fails. I forget to use my apron, cooking oil splatters up on my shirt.. and it's done for. Hate that stuff.

""

Reply by Raviv

7/18/2012 2:40:50 PM
Ketchup

""

Reply by Kylie

7/18/2012 6:46:24 PM
Definitely my boys' white socks - aaargh!!!

""

Reply by Stephanie

author of Somewhat Simple 7/18/2012 7:26:02 PM
currently hate baby food stains, or dingy belly stains on baby clothes from army crawlers!

""

Reply by Suzanne

7/18/2012 9:11:38 PM
My husband's white tees and dress shirts -- they are getting dingy and, for the first time, I'm fighting ring around the collar. I'm tempted to blame it on the front-loading machine!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS