Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Family Movie Night

Started by Stephanie , author of Somewhat Simple 6/16/2011 9:00:10 PM

To celebrate summer fun, Redbox is asking moms, "What are your kids' favorite movies?" Plus, they are rewarding 2 lucky families with a chance to win $10,000 as part of the Redbox Summer of Fun & Games Sweepstakes.

I am a huge fan of Redbox! Not only is it super affordable, but it is also super convenient! I love that you can rent a movie from one Redbox and drop it off at another one for FREE! It is fantastic!!!

This past Monday, my kids and I put together a fun Family Movie Night, complete with homemade tickets, yummy concessions and one of my kids favorite Redbox rentals, Despicable Me. (I should probably just buy this movie because we love it so much!) We did this once a couple years ago, (original post here) but with our cousins in town, we thought it would be fun to do it again!

Here is how we did it:

1. I cut some paper with my cutting board to be used for tickets, play money and a wallet for each member in the family.

2. The kids decorated their tickets, money and wallet however they desired. (Can you tell my 8 year old is learning the names of the Presidents on each piece of currency? Hence the "Ethan Washington" line on his dollar bills!)

3. We hit up our grocery store for some candy. While there, we grabbed the movie. (Again, LOVE the convenience!)

4. Once home, we popped some popcorn, set up our snack bar, and got our theater ready- complete with our fireplace screen being used as the "gate" to let you in when you handed the "worker" your ticket.

5. One by one, we took turns "paying" for a bag of candy, some popcorn and a drink and then we headed to the ticket boy (or girl). 

6. The ticket worker would take your ticket and open the "gate" to let us in. Once admitted, we chose a spot on the couch and waited for the movie to begin.

We watched the entire movie together- we laughed together and we had a really great night.

Redbox is celebrating summer family time with a great line up of family-friendly titles, awesome savings and two chances to win $10,000 as part of the Redbox Summer of Fun & Games Sweepstakes.*

4 Easy Ways to Enter:

1.  Enter your email address at www.redbox.com/summer

2.  Rent a movie or game at a redbox kiosk (and provide a valid email address at checkout)

3.  Reserve a rental online at redbox.com

4.  Text 'SUMMER' to 727272

Enter to win today!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine. 

*Each item rented earns one entry, regardless of how long it is rented, up to three entries per day. Limit 3 entries per day, regardless of entry method. The sweepstakes begins May 27, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. CT and ends on August 1, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CT. No purchase necessary. See official rules at www.redbox.com/summer.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Ashley

6/18/2011 5:00:50 PM
Whenever we let our son pick out a movie to watch (and he has TONS), he always picks Wall*E, Finding Nemo, or Bee Movie. Every time. One of those three.

Oh that is so sweet of you. Great one.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS