Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Beach Essentials with Lipton Tea & Honey

Started by Shera , author of A Frog In My Soup - Life as a Mom with 6 Sons 6/19/2012 12:00:10 AM

Summer is upon us! Hopefully all of you have lots of great plans to keep your kids active and avoid boredom. For us, it means a week at the lake in July along with a lot of other activities. As you can imagine we have to be pretty prepared when we go anywhere with our troop, so today I thought I'd share a few tips on what we bring with us when we go to the beach. 

Although our condo is not far from the beach and we can zip back and forth for things we need, it's a pain to have to do so. So I prefer to just take it all with us! Here's what I generally pack in a big beach bag: 

• Water - More on this later!
  • Sunscreen
  • Snacks - simple and not sticky or messy (fruit, crackers, basic stuff)
  • Hand wipes - little travel sizes are perfect
  • Beach Toys - sand castle building supplies typically
  • Beach Towels - depending on the situation I may only bring a handful and not necessarily one for each person.

While the beach toys and towels don't technically always fit into the bag, they still seem to always make it down with us. 

The trick is that while hydration is a big deal when you're playing in the sun all day, I truly do not like plain water. It's a curse, I know! Typically I will still drink it plain, but imagine my excitement when I found out that Lipton has just come out with an entire line called Lipton Tea & Honey, which is sweetened with... yep, you guessed it, honey!!! 

Those of you who read here often, know that honey is always my sweetener of choice, so I am beyond thrilled at this new product and have enjoyed it immensely. The best part is, you simply add a single serving packet to a bottle of water. I have also added it to a regular cup of water and stirred really well and it worked great!

So, now I can throw a few packets into my beach bag with all the water and mom is a happy camper! Want to know more about Lipton Tea & Honey? 

• The tea is only 5 calories per 8 oz serving
  • The tea is sweetened with honey
  • The tea is made from real tea leaves and real fruit flavors
  • To celebrate the product announcement, Lipton is giving away a limited number of Lipton Tea & Honey samples. To receive free samples you can visit www.liptonteaandhoney.com (links to Facebook where you can enter in your address)

Today we're asking how you add flavor to your life and the first three people to comment on my blog will win a sample of Lipton Tea & Honey to try for themselves!

For an extra entry to win the Lipton Tea & Honey kit share this sweepstakes with your friends on Twitter and Facebook by clicking the buttons below. Learn more about the amazing Lipton Tea & Honey Flavors on their Facebook page

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton Tea. The opinions and text are all mine. Official sweepstakes rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
Love this post

""

Reply by Beth

8/1/2012 11:11:04 AM

I was excited about this product at first also, until I read the ingredients. Lipton Tea and Honey may contain some honey but actually gets it sweetness from Sucralose, an artificial sweetener.   Sucralose is  chemically-altered chlorinated sugar and the body can't digest it.  I think the way Lipton is marketing this product is very misleading.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

AFIMS should be a safe, secure, encouraging place for moms to visit. I also welcome your comments at A Frog In My Soup anytime and I respond to them directly as well. I ask that you not use profanity and that you keep things fairly positive. Feel free to share your struggles as a mom and your prayer requests, but we aren't here to bash our family or other moms. Posts that are not within these guidelines will be removed. Thank you so much for being part and I look forward to interacting with you!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS