Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What Can A Princess Teach Us?

Started by Brittany , author of That's Vandy 7/25/2012 3:00:10 PM

Every time I ask myself or my daughters who their favorite princess is the answer changes. I think depending on the mood we are in or the feeling we need to find, we choose differently.  I used to worry about Sophia wanting to be a princess because not everyone looks like those we see in the movies.  Now, I realize that the heroine princesses we watch and adore teach us lessons and give us joy.  I teach my kids about self-confidence and I tell my kids that how we look does not define who we are.  This way we can embrace the princesses we love.

In no particular order...

What Princesses Can Teach Us

We love the fierce spirit that Rapunzel has.  And yes, the girls adore her hair.  Long, magic hair.  A spirit that cannot be crushed.  A longing to see the world.  A movie that makes me cry every.single.time.   She cuts that hair to save her love. We love us some Rapunzel.  That would be why we waited 90 minutes to meet her.  I never thought I would say this...it was worth it.

We love Belle for not being impressed by looks, but by character.  And we love that she has some of the best songs out there.   We also love the beast.  Even Violet.  She has met him twice!

We love Ariel because of her voice and her humor and her big dreams.  She really does go all the way for love, and that is something to be admired.

We love Mulan for her courage and her commitment to her family.

We love Snow White for her gentle spirit and her kindness towards all.

We love Merida for her strength and her commitment, but we do talk about her attitude.

We love Tiana for working her tail off to follow her dreams and for preserving her heritage. Also, she gets kudos for her admirable patience both with Naveen and her very spirited, very wealthy friend Charlotte.

We love Cinderella for always believing and again, for kindness in the face of true mean spirits.

We love Pocahontas for her commitment to her family and to the Earth and her open mindedness for people who are not like her.

We love Aurora for her fairy godmother's really.  She is kind, but those chicks are fantastic.

Of course, there are other princesses out there, I just encourage you to look past their beauty to their guts and their brains and their hearts, as we hope our children will do.  Then we can find something that inspires us.

By the way, Miles does love princesses but he has a special thing for Tinkerbell, who he would say must be Royal if she has magic.

Make your kids feel like royalty! Rent Kiara  or another Family Fun title from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!                                                                                

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Mel

author of Less Than Perfect 7/26/2012 6:55:15 AM
Oh, these are a lot of great reasons to love the princesses! The Nugget is into a full blown Ariel kick these days, mostly because of the cool mermaid factor and her beautiful singing voice. I, too, love Rapunzel!

""

Reply by Brittany

author of That's Vandy 7/26/2012 9:24:20 AM
Mel Ariel was my favorite for so so long. Now I just have had time to reflect on what each princess gives us.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS