Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Love of a bio child v. adopted child

Started by AM3 , author of Adoptive Momma of THREE (AM3) 4/1/2010 7:36:27 AM
I have a guest post on my blog today from a mother with both biological children and two adopted children.  She explains loving each child the same but how they love grew differently.  Excellent post for those who have this common fear of will I love my adopted child as much as my biological child.  Do you have adopted and biological children?  Did your love grow differently?  Thanks for sharing!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Hope

author of Mommy's 2 cents 6/5/2010 2:35:59 PM

i have to admit i do love them differently... but equally....i don't think thats because they are adopted or bio... i think its because they are individuals...just like i love my sisters, brothers, other family members and friend differently...

Hope
http://hopelesslycrushingonyou.wordpress.com

I could say the same even about how I grew to love my firstborn vs 2nd and 3rdborn.  The first one was kind of terrifying.  The uncertainty, unknowns, all of that.  Normal territory with having a first kid!

The 2nd and 3rd I love as much, but the process in how I grew to love them was more immediate.  The initial meeting them was not as stressful, less expectations on how things are "supposed" to be ;)

I would assume adoption to be similar to the description on my firstborn?  So many questions on how things are going to happen and progress?  So excited and everything, but extra layer of "what are we doing!!?"

""

Reply by Trina

author of A blessed mommy of six. 9/13/2010 12:20:01 PM

I love them all equally for me it's only been a year since I've adopted the four but it feels like in my heart they have always been here.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS