Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Map My FItness & Adventure Club Contest #ToyotaRAV4Adventure

Started by Deb , author of Just Short of Crazy 7/5/2012 6:00:10 AM

You don't have to travel far to find adventure. Often it can be found in your own town or neighborhood. Toyota has partnered with Map My Fitness to encourage you to discover a new route or path to work, school, shopping, or other nearby destinations. 

It's easy to get in a rut driving, biking, walking the same path over and over again. Map My Fitness takes away your excuse to not try something new by providing you with a wonderful selection of tools that allows you to select one of the following:

I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination, but I love a good hike or bike ride. I used Map My Fitness to determine the length of a nearby seasonal road. We've never ridden the entire length before because we were always unsure of the distance and driving it really isn't an option due to the condition of the road (I use the term road loosely, it's more like a two-track for 4 wheelers..lol). I found that the path was only 3 miles long.

Perfect! That is easy enough to complete on our bikes and will be a perfect ride for falls days.  

Toyota RAV4, in partnership with Map My Fitness, is taking it up a notch and inviting you to join the Adventure Club which encourages you to explore your neighborhood and uncover a new route. Seriously, anything with the word adventure in it and I'm usually in.

"Life is either a daring adventure

or nothing at all"

-Helen Keller

I love this idea! I love finding new routes to destinations nearby. You never know what you'll discover along the way. Remember to take the time to really see what is going on around you when you journey down a new path. You might find a new park, trail, or museum that is just waiting to be explored and its right in your own backyard, which is the best part!

Give the Adventure Club a try and let me know what new adventure you found in your neighborhood.

Toyota motivated me to break out from the norm and discover a new route in my city. This experience taught me that there is an adventure waiting around every corner! Tell us about your unexpected adventure below for a chance to win a Tom Tom GO LIVE. 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the Toyota. The opinions and text are all mine. Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14
""

Reply by Kimberly

7/5/2012 7:33:11 AM
LIKE Toyota - that used to be the only vehicle I would buy. Great info here!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Rebel Chick's Journey 7/5/2012 7:52:21 AM
We end up on unexpected adventures all of the time! I just ended up on a very, very curvy road in the mountains this weekend and boy was I surprised!

We are getting ready to move so this is a great find for me!

My friend and I road tripped across the US and took some very wrong turns, but every time, we ended up finding a small diner or beautiful view!

lol, leaving the house with my husband driving is always and adventure!

What a fun idea! I love the idea of being able to take the less traveled road :)

""

Reply by Bobbie

7/5/2012 12:22:09 PM
What a neat idea! I tend to use the same routes always, so this is probably something that would be a great benefit for me!

""

Reply by Shayla

7/5/2012 12:27:33 PM
My best friend and I road tripped once. We had such an adventure that we never did it again together. lol

""

Reply by Emily

author of Busy Mom 7/5/2012 1:51:16 PM
Oh gosh, I need to start running. Map my Fitness sounds cool!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS