Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Do you believe what the scriptures say are true and without error?

Started by Sarah Mae , author of Like A Warm Cup of Coffee 6/11/2010 8:30:16 PM

Well, do you?  Why?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8
""

Reply by Brandi

author of Autumnfawn Lane 6/13/2010 4:56:32 PM

Yes!!  If I am trusting my life with the Jesus of the Bible, I have to believe that the Word He says is His is infallable.  If it wasn't 100% accurate, how could I choose which words were true and which weren't? 

There is still much I don't quite comprehend, but I am relying on the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.  And I can't expect that to happen overnight or even in my lifetime.  (I think that's where the faith like a child comes in extremely handy!!)

Having said all that, I do think it can be helpful to do word studies in Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew (weren't those the 3 languages of the Bible?) to get a better understanding and to dig a little deeper into meanings of passages. I don't think this is necessary, though, to be able to understand the simple truth and beauty of Jesus and his atonement for our sins. :)

I too agree completely that the scriptures are 100% true, without fault, inspired words from God that I can fully trust in.

The problem comes when I don't understand a certain passage.

However, that doesn't mean that it is not true! It just means that my human sinful nature is causing me to lack in ability.

And just like Brandi said, that is where faith comes in.

I may not understand fully every part of the Bible, but I can still place my faith in it and believe it to be true.

Do I know every answer to every question that someone has about life, faith, God, etc? No. And that is why I choose to step out in faith and believe without seeing or knowing all the answers.

""

Reply by Ali

author of an ordinary mom 7/13/2010 5:30:00 PM

Yes. Every word.

""

Reply by Ashley Pichea

author of Ashley Pichea 7/19/2010 10:58:00 AM

AMEN!!! (That about sums it up!)

Yes God's word is 100% true. Not only do I know so because the Bible says it is, but I know so because even science, archeology, etc point to the veracity of the Bible. I am amazed!

""

Reply by Tina

author of God's Healing Tears 9/29/2010 9:47:48 PM

Absolutely positively!  There's no truer Truth than the word of God!   It's not possible for God to Lie.

""

Reply by Angela

author of IN HIS NAME 9/30/2010 8:07:47 PM

Amen! I absolutely believe the word of God to be 100% true and I LOVE it.

""

Reply by Karen

5/19/2011 4:17:10 PM

I cannot prove that it is true, at least not to everyone, but I accept it as 100% truth. If I accepted it as mostly true or almost all true, then that totally makes it worthless, because what part do you pick that is or isn't true? What would make me capable of choosing?

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind! Golden rule!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS