Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

How Do I Grow My Blog? Episode 5 - A Trick to Keep People Reading

Started by Sarah Mae , author of Like A Warm Cup of Coffee 5/14/2010 12:21:09 PM

Like my cute flower pin?  The sweet Kelly makes them - find them here! (Nope, she didn't pay me to say that, I just lurve them!)  :)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30
These are so fun - I just love seeing your sweet face on camera. Your enthusiasm just jumps out of the screen. It's delightful! Like you!

These are great tips. I agree they make reading blogs so much easier.

""

Reply by Tiffany

author of A Moment Cherished 5/14/2010 12:30:11 PM
I have to try the bolding - I saw that you did that to my article this week, and I LOVED it. But oh, how I struggle with keeping it short. I just love words!!! {grin}

""

Reply by Stef

author of Layton Family Joy 5/14/2010 12:50:45 PM
I break up a ton of text with photos!

""

Reply by Laura

author of Just For Love 5/14/2010 1:32:46 PM
Oh goodness, I am such a rambler! I already do the bolding and italicizing naturally, but I probably should try to add it in a bit more on purpose. You're so right about people not having the time. I would love to read a lot more entire posts, but having a toddler...forget about it!

I barely have enough time to get my own posts up some days, let alone read others. I try to keep up with my favorite blogs because I want them to know I appreciate them. But, I'll tell you what...I definitely seem to stick around for the posts that are broken up, and have nice pictures. Nice pictures make for happy readers too, I think. They make me happy at least, haha!

Have a great weekend ladies!

""

Reply by Julia

author of Work, Wife, Mom... Life! 5/14/2010 1:54:10 PM
great stuff, as always. those tips work. i've been doing that myself lately.  it's hard to read a long post written in one huge paragraph. 

I agree- I am always interupted by the littles when reading posts... so spacing, bolds and smileys help me keep track of where I am when I return.

Thanks- As usual Sarah Mae.... ps. love the pin!!!  :)

Great advice Sarah Mae :)

I wish more bloggers knew these tricks! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. The pin is just gorg!

""

Reply by Ronnica

author of Ignorant Historian 5/14/2010 4:09:46 PM
This is so true...I hate when people throw 1000s of words at me in big bulky paragraphs.  If I want that, I'd read a textbook!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind! Golden rule!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS